The Gun Club

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of this....

FN Herstal SCAR 16S 223, 16.25in Flat Dark Earth. New w/ blemishes

1%20FNH%20SCAR%2016S%20223%2016.25%20FDE%20%201-1407.jpg

Beautiful gun. I love the SCAR and I love the .223/5.56 round.

chuckz28

Reaction score
I am LEO, but these are all personal property, so all the same rules apply.

The only NFA gun is the Wingmaster. 12 1/4" barrel. Yes I paid my $200 vig.
The 995 is 16"

That's cool. I just didn't want to see someone self incriminate. I will have to put up a pic of my collection when I get a chance. No NFA items, but maybe eventually if I move to a county where local law enforcement doesn't have an issue with it. I think a little suppressed 22 would be fun for backyard squirrel hunting, or a SBR AR-15.

bamarammin87

Reaction score
marlin 336 and hi point 995
2010-05-23161352.jpg

s&w model 40-1
100_1031-1.jpg

savage 93r17 in this pic
sadfasdfas.jpg

ruger old style vaquero .45
000_0001-3.jpg

ruger super redhawk in .480 ruger
000_00022.jpg

same gun with my glock 20 I sold
1203092046.jpg

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I'm in. I'll post some pics soon. What's up fellow gun lovers.

Hey! I'm telling you what, this group has certainly chose an expensive pair of hobbies. Guns and electronics eat up all my money! At least both hold their resale value fairly well.

bamarammin87

Reaction score
some fun shooting my snubbie at my steel target (alabama snow in the background, can you believe it?!?!
downsized_0108001114.jpg

bamarammin87

Reaction score

Hey! I'm telling you what, this group has certainly chose an expensive pair of hobbies. Guns and electronics eat up all my money! At least both hold their resale value fairly well.
:icon_ banana: fosheezy!

BTW, I know hi points are cheap and suck....but shoot a 995 before you down it...I paid 180 for it and can shoot clothespins at 25 yards iron sighted with it. It's accurate like mad and shoots cheap 9mm. It's a blast!

Ghostwheel

Reaction score

You're tellin me! And on top of that, I have antique cars and a taste for single malt scotch! Good resale value on one out of two, anyway... :D

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Supreme Court Monday (6/28/2010) extended the federally protected right to keep and bear arms to all 50 states.

Follow it here http://www.scotusblog.com/

Complete Text here (214 pages) http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf

High Court’s Big Ruling For Gun Rights
June 28, 2010 - 10:07 AM | by: Lee Ross

In its second major ruling on gun rights in three years, the Supreme Court Monday extended the federally protected right to keep and bear arms to all 50 states. The decision will be hailed by gun rights advocates and comes over the opposition of gun control groups, the city of Chicago and four justices.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the five justice majority saying "the right to keep and bear arms must be regarded as a substantive guarantee, not a prohibition that could be ignored so long as the States legislated in an evenhanded manner."

The ruling builds upon the Court's 2008 decision in D.C. v. Heller that invalidated the handgun ban in the nation's capital. More importantly, that decision held that the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms was a right the Founders specifically delegated to individuals. The justices affirmed that decision and extended its reach to the 50 states. Today's ruling also invalidates Chicago's handgun ban.

Backgrounder:

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court appears poised to issue a ruling that will expand to the states the high court's historic 2008 ruling that individuals have a federally protected right to keep and bear arms, following an hour-long argument Tuesday. If so, the decision would mark another hallmark victory for gun rights advocates and likely strike down Chicago's handgun ban that is similar to the Washington D.C. law already invalidated by the justices.

Tuesday's lively arguments featured lawyer Alan Gura, the same man who argued and won D.C. v. Heller in 2008. He now represents Otis McDonald who believes Chicago's handgun ban doesn't allow him to adequately protect himself. Gura argued the Heller decision which only applied to Washington D.C. and other areas of federal control should equally apply to Chicago and the rest of the country.

"In 1868, our nation made a promise to the McDonald family that they and their descendants would henceforth be American citizens, and with American citizenship came the guarantee enshrined in our Constitution that no State could make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of American citizenship," Gura told the Court.

He argued the language of the Constitution's 14th Amendment forces the states to protect the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment. The Bill of Rights, which was adopted in the late 18th Century, was then commonly viewed as only offering protections from the federal government.

It wasn't until after the Civil War that the Supreme Court in a piecemeal fashion began to apply--or incorporate--parts of the Bill of Rights to the states. It has used the 14th Amendment's Due Process Clause to incorporate most of the Constitution's first amendments but has not yet done so for the Second Amendment. Gura argued that another part of the 14th Amendment would be a better vehicle for the justices to make their ruling but there didn't appear to be enough support from the bench on that front.

Chief Justice John Roberts was the most vocal advocate of using the Due Process Clause to extend the Second Amendment rights to the states. "I don't see how you can read -- I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The discussion over "liberty" was a major philosophical theme of the arguments. Gura and National Rifle Association lawyer Paul Clement argued that the rights articulated in the Second Amendment are fundamental freedoms and would exist to all Americans even if there was no law specifically saying so.

James Feldman, lawyer for the City of Chicago, defended his city's handgun ban and argued why the Heller decision's Second Amendment guarantee doesn't comport with the view that it represents a vital protection of liberty that needs to be expanded to the states.

"[T]he right it protects is not implicit in the concept of ordered liberty," Feldman said. "States and local governments have been the primary locus of firearms regulation in this country for the last 220 years. Firearms unlike anything else that is the subject of a provision of the Bill of Rights are designed to injure and kill."

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dissented in Heller and wondered why the right to bear arms was necessary to extend to the states. "f the notion is that these are principles that any free society would adopt, well, a lot of free societies have rejected the right to keep and bear arms."

Later in the arguments Roberts disputed that notion. "I do think the focus is our system of ordered liberty, not any abstract system of ordered liberty. You can say Japan is a free country, but it doesn't have the right to trial by -- by jury."

Roberts was part of the five member majority in Heller and there's a good chance Tuesday's case will result in a similar 5-4 outcome. All of the members of the Heller majority are still on the Court and at least one of them would have to rule against extending the Second Amendment protection in order for the opposing side to prevail.

yago20

Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this part of the site before. I'm a work now, but I'll try to take some pics in the next few days.

-Beretta 92FS 9mm
-Browning Buckmark .22
-Kel Tec P11 9mm
-Glock 36 .45 cal.
-Beretta CX-4 Storm .40 cal
-Some cheap a** .22 cal rifle. Bought it for $100 at Wal Mart. Scope included :)

bamarammin87

Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this part of the site before. I'm a work now, but I'll try to take some pics in the next few days.

-Beretta 92FS 9mm
-Browning Buckmark .22
-Kel Tec P11 9mm
-Glock 36 .45 cal.
-Beretta CX-4 Storm .40 cal
-Some cheap a** .22 cal rifle. Bought it for $100 at Wal Mart. Scope included :)
Same here, backnblack told me about it this morning. Nice guns. Is the glock 36 around the same size as a g19 since it's large frame but single stack?

bamarammin87

Reaction score
It's scary it was 1 vote away from losing tho. We have some morons in the supreme court apparently...but at least 5 smarter people! Take that mayor daly you dousche bag. Check out the charts on dc's murder rates. Got higher and kept going up after the handgun ban, and since the ban has been lifted it's going dramatically lower every month.

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Just got home from work, so here are the pictures I promised:

Here's my everyday carry. She'll be sitting right next to the Droid in about two days!
fekydu.jpg

Here's a few of the AR and my magazine collection
1zqx2k0.jpg

2litqti.jpg

208fipx.jpg

Here's the XD that I sold (regretfully)
2cqnnug.jpg

And the Springfield Loaded 1911 that I have since sold
213jl9d.jpg

I can't find any pictures of my Smith & Wesson M&P .38 Airweight, but this is what it looks like
6roej9.jpg
Love the cbob. I regret selling my dw pointman-10. I woulda kept it if it was .45 tho. 10mm was just so dang expensive to shoot. Cheap stuff was 30 dollars a box around here. For flipping fmj ammo!