The "Got my D3"/ first impressions thread

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews guys. I am going to get the dinc2 today instead, lol.

Sent from my fascinate

srgolub

Reaction score

BigFwoosh

Reaction score
Great framerate, especially considering the dim lighting. Waaaaaay better than the D1, that's for sure.

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
can somebody please just put a quick review of the phone on YouTube I just wanna get a feel of how the phone works

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

socalsx

Reaction score
yeah pretty nice for indoor lighting. looks like we got a decent cam.. now i want a hack for 60fps in hd lol...

Immolate

Reaction score
An aggressive OS will keep RAM nearly filled to ensure that the most likely thing you'll need next is already in the fastest storage area possible. There's a sweet spot for every OS, and the benefits you achieve for going past that sweet spot are of rapidly diminishing value. I'm not saying that RAM above 512MB is wasted. I have absolutely no idea. I'm just saying that free RAM is not necessarily a useful metric.

The XOOM has 1GB of ram and I definitely can feel it. There's nothing like switching from a 3D game to a multi-tabbed browser session then over to youtube then back to your game. Really makes the device feel like a powerful computer.

Yup like I said, for all I know we'd benefit monstrously from TB of RAM, so I'm not going to go out on a limb and endorse 512MB as the magic number. My point is that the amount of available RAM isn't very helpful, even when something you put on or take off your phone changes the amount of available RAM. What matters is how it the phones hardware and software configuration impact the way you interact with it, and the way you perceive it as working. If it feels fast to you, it is fast to you, even if another phone that doesn't feel as fast blows it away in specs or benchmarks.

It isn't uncommon though to see someone happier with a more impressive spec than he was with the better experience. I understand that mentality though, because I fall victim to it as well. I love me some specs.

rushmore

Reaction score
How is the keyboard's response action? The D2 seemed too tight and button action seemed stiff to me. Is the D3 better? Would be nice if the KB on the D3 worked well for game emulators :)

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shot a quick 1080P video. (I am at work, so please don't whine that I didn't find a garden of flowers or a football game to shoot video of.)

24MB file

Thank you. Not sure it's actually an improvement over OG Droid :(
I see the improvement. I think YouTube would have utilized/showed off the 1080p better, however. That was kinda.. meh. Hopefully that's not seriously the full quality cause that's not very HD to me.. so I get what you're saying.

I just want a YouTube review of this thing already. Reading about it is nice, but I wanna see it in action to see the fluidity(or non-fluidity) of it.

How's the pentile screen?