The "Got my D3"/ first impressions thread

Big D

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the D1 had a patch for the wonky camera within days. I think that's part of the process.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a great phone, honestly!

First of all, the phone itself is just absolutely sexy. To me it has an iPhone 4(meh) look kind of with the added feature of a keyboard. It's great. And the display is just wonderful. The only time the pentile screen is noticeable (just barely) to me is just the battery display on the top right corner. But, I don't care about that. And the keyboard is great! The first time I typed on it I was pressing too hard because the DROID keyboard required that kind of pressure, but this presses down with ease. And, typing in passwords and stuff is great now with the new added number row, no more pressing alt 50 times to do simple stuff. And the video quality is great! Went on YouTube and was hoping it'd be different then the DROID's quality and it wasn't at first.. then I clicked "HQ" and it blew me away. Absolutely brilliant. HQ on the DROID wasn't much of a difference and slowed down the video quite a bit. But not on this baby, the HDMI mirroring to the TV is great in 1080p as well. Web browsing is even much noticeably faster then on my old DROID. Camera was pretty good too, not the greatest but.. it's a phone, oh well. It will definitely do. Also, holding the phone feels more natural for my hands, and I don't have the biggest hands ever either so that's great as well.

Sample I took after getting it activated.
10nhlyq.jpg

Only thing I dislike is the bloatware. Can't wait to get this rooted!

anuraj1

Reaction score
I stopped by a VZW store on the way home from work today to check the D3 out. I'm a current D1 user and I've gotta say this device is amazing. It is fast as hell, even on stock launcher. Someone had installed Launcher Pro on it which made it even faster, and for some reason, Dildroid was also installed haha. The pentile screen looks great, crisp, clear and bright. You can only see the graininess if your nose it almost touching the screen. The keyboard is fantastic.

If it was 4g, it would be my new device. That's only because I live in Phoenix which is a 4g area.

The weird complaints on this thread don't make any sense to me after seeing the device in person.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I traded in the D3 for the DX2 because of this tone ,blasting in my ear, at the end of calls.
See my post on the D3 gen forum for details.

EDIT: Sorry to hear about that! I'm wondering if this is something that can be fixed with a different ROM when the time comes.

I would think twice before going for the X2, the specs on the D3 are much better. They say the screens are the same but in comparison the D3 screen has NONE of the "pentile" traits, very little pixelation (if you look VERY CLOSE).. The camera on the D3 is also better.

Just a heads up, I see your new to the forums and I don't know how much knowledge you have about the DX2 but I haven't heard much good..

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a great phone, honestly!

Sample I took after getting it activated.
10nhlyq.jpg

Is that to show the hilarity of the fact that the Charge has been out for at least a month and it's not the Droid3 that's hanging up? :icon_ banana:
Lmao! That is pretty funny, didn't think of that. Sadly I just took the picture to take a picture.. but, we can go with that.:)

VandyDroid

Reaction score
I received my D3 yesterday and I love it!!! I am still learning though. I wish I had wrote all my apps down from my D2 before clearing it, now I cannot find some of the apps I liked. Does anyone have a favorite app for watching movies that are free? In love with my D3!!!!dancedroid

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So.. I have an SD card.. but I take it Moto wants use to use the internal memory first or...?

haproot

Reaction score
Just got the extended battery with the new back cover. Now the camera is recessed into the back cover, and the droid lays flat and doesn't rock around on the protruding camera, and it's been at 90% for a few hours now. Seems like this is how it was designed to begin with. Diggin it. =D

Now for root....

bigdad63

Reaction score
I know it's probably a nogo, but did anyone try simultaneous voice and data yet?

Tepes

Reaction score
I received my D3 yesterday and I love it!!! I am still learning though. I wish I had wrote all my apps down from my D2 before clearing it, now I cannot find some of the apps I liked. Does anyone have a favorite app for watching movies that are free? In love with my D3!!!!dancedroid

I'm a fan of RockPlayer and QQ Video.

Sent from my Hitchhikers Guide

dancingcrab

Reaction score
Last edited: