The "Got my D3"/ first impressions thread

Reaction score
Well, I've had my Droid 3 for a few days now, Loving it so far, although I'm finding alot of minor issues such as the Autocorrect bar(when you're using the touch keyboard or swipe) stays on the screen, even when you go back or press home.

Another thing I found was when I woke up this morning, My D3 was hot enough to almost burn me, Not sure why the phone was overheated so badly but it entered it's Cool down state, I wish I knew why it got to that point, also my phone didn't charge so I had to leave the house on 30% power.

Also, Not sure what triggers it but, when I use an App, then go back to the home screen, sometimes the shortcuts I made on the screen just disappears and I have to manually re-add them.

A few of my apps don't work including Tapatalk (not sure why, I've heard it works on other D3s), and Obviously My Netflix isn't working, still enjoying the phone, I will **** myself with joy when it's finally unlocked

It sounds like you may have a faulty unit. You shouldn't be experiencing any of that. You may want to exchange.

Ragnell

Reaction score
Well, I've had my Droid 3 for a few days now, Loving it so far, although I'm finding alot of minor issues such as the Autocorrect bar(when you're using the touch keyboard or swipe) stays on the screen, even when you go back or press home.

Another thing I found was when I woke up this morning, My D3 was hot enough to almost burn me, Not sure why the phone was overheated so badly but it entered it's Cool down state, I wish I knew why it got to that point, also my phone didn't charge so I had to leave the house on 30% power.

Also, Not sure what triggers it but, when I use an App, then go back to the home screen, sometimes the shortcuts I made on the screen just disappears and I have to manually re-add them.

A few of my apps don't work including Tapatalk (not sure why, I've heard it works on other D3s), and Obviously My Netflix isn't working, still enjoying the phone, I will **** myself with joy when it's finally unlocked

It sounds like you may have a faulty unit. You shouldn't be experiencing any of that. You may want to exchange.

I'll wait until it launches in stores before making a return, that overheating was the first time I've encountered that, which sucks.

BumForALiving

Reaction score
Found a good review video:

[video=youtube;kns6CbkXuEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kns6CbkXuEI]YouTube - ‪Motorola Droid 3 Review‬‏[/video]

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Just got my droid 3, car dock, and multimedia dock today :)

I like how the new car dock actually has a usb connection on it and a special cable that you can plug into the dock that has usb and audio on it. Its not like the droid 1 car doc where you had to plug the power and audio cable right into the phone.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah I just got mine yesterday and everything was fine, but this morning the long redraws started. My all time favorite Launcherpro didn't help... I can deal with the colors being off and the pentile screen, but if I can't get back home to quickly launch something with my dual-core phone, kind of questionable.

I don't know what you guys are doing, but I am not having redraw problems at all. I have plenty of widgets and icons on all 5 screens. Even when it does redraw it does it quickly. Also, I don't know what your screen issue is, but my colors aren't off.

Additionally, for those that keep talking about bloatware and how terrible Blur is, I just checked the running processes. Except for IM, which I haven't even checked out yet, all running processes are supposed to be running. I can just imagine how some of you are creating your own issues.

Thank you. Dude you would think these people were blindsided by the fact that their moto phones would come with blur. I have had no issues. I swear people are making up issues its like that psyco person who always has some rare disease no one ever gets but they've gotten 10 diffrent ones somehow . Stop complaining about stupid stuff. Im typing on the keyboard right now and am wondering how you guys are complaining about the keys being too stiff really. Your thumbs are that weak?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess my phone isn't rebooting for no reason in front of my very eyes. Seriously, why would people make stuff up to complain about? I love the keyboard, but you act like the phone is perfect. I only used one widget on the stock home app and I had redraws all the time. Not so much with Launcher Pro so if I don't have too many random reboots I will probably keep the device.

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are doing, but I am not having redraw problems at all. I have plenty of widgets and icons on all 5 screens. Even when it does redraw it does it quickly. Also, I don't know what your screen issue is, but my colors aren't off.

Additionally, for those that keep talking about bloatware and how terrible Blur is, I just checked the running processes. Except for IM, which I haven't even checked out yet, all running processes are supposed to be running. I can just imagine how some of you are creating your own issues.

Thank you. Dude you would think these people were blindsided by the fact that their moto phones would come with blur. I have had no issues. I swear people are making up issues its like that psyco person who always has some rare disease no one ever gets but they've gotten 10 diffrent ones somehow . Stop complaining about stupid stuff. Im typing on the keyboard right now and am wondering how you guys are complaining about the keys being too stiff really. Your thumbs are that weak?

Yeah I guess my phone isn't rebooting for no reason in front of my very eyes. Seriously, why would people make stuff up to complain about? I love the keyboard, but you act like the phone is perfect. I only used one widget on the stock home app and I had redraws all the time. Not so much with Launcher Pro so if I don't have too many random reboots I will probably keep the device.

It's not that I think the device is perfect. I have had a reboot or two, but I had way more of those using Chevy and Cyangenmod 7 on my Droid.

The thing is.. I am running widgets with icons littered across all 5 home screens. If you are running one widget and experiencing redraws all the time.... and slow enough redraws to irk you.... then I do have to ask what you are doing. I am not running any other launcher. I'd think the fact you are using Launcher Pro would contribute. Even then those redraws should be quick. My ultimate point is your phone isn't working the way it should be. You'll want to resolve that.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that's the reason as it stopped once I started using Launcher Pro. Maybe I just have more stuff running in the background than you do.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know if the d3 is in stores yet?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's tomorrow. Wasn't it the 14th it was slated to be instores? Some already have them on display for people to play with.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

militant

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that's the reason as it stopped once I started using Launcher Pro. Maybe I just have more stuff running in the background than you do.

Purely anecdotal but my D3's running faster/better with Launcher Pro. My free memory widget is also showing that LP seems to be using less memory than the stock MotoBlur. No quick contact widget but I can live without it for now.

jmdale1984

Reaction score

Purely anecdotal but my D3's running faster/better with Launcher Pro. My free memory widget is also showing that LP seems to be using less memory than the stock MotoBlur. No quick contact widget but I can live without it for now.

I just installed Launcher Pro... and the phone is definitely working much better. This may help tide me over until root.

militant

Reaction score

I just installed Launcher Pro... and the phone is definitely working much better. This may help tide me over until root.

Good man. Like I said, I noticed an immediate and vast improvement once I switched from Blur/GoLauncher to Launcher Pro. I know a lot of people are enjoying and saying good things about this latest verison of Blur, believe me, I think it's pretty and I don't mind it, but I've seen several other people report of the phone performing better on LP so I strongly suggest those running Blur to give LP a shot.

Heelfan71

Reaction score
I like the look of Blur. Only thing I wish was an gmail and messages unread count in the dock.

militant

Reaction score
I like the look of Blur. Only thing I wish was an gmail and messages unread count in the dock.

I prefer the look of blur too. The unread message issue is my biggest grip, which is one of the reasons I like LP. But I wasn't suggesting to try LP for the looks, I was suggesting it for performance. The phone runs A LOT better with LP installed for myself, and several others so far.