The "Got my D3"/ first impressions thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Stevelord, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jmdale1984

jmdale1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think people are misunderstanding him here. He said he "threw" it, but I'm pretty sure he meant that it was an accident.

2. rickerbilly

rickerbilly Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL people do need to lighten up. dancedroid

3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,396
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Sarcasm doesn't come out well in txt. It happens. I was just sayin :D

sent from somewhere...

4. malaka

malaka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cant speak for everyone cause i know two people that broke them...but the og droid is/was a beast..i had 3 of them over 2 years vw replaced all of them no questions asked when the headphone jack got loose it was a easy thing to say for replacement under the manufacturer warranty...ive had insurance on it the whole time imo it was a waste of money but necessity in case it ever hit water...with OC kernals and custom roms the og droid is still better than the majority of phones out there and craps all over iphones 3,4,5 wouldnt matter if the hardware on the iphone was the same as my laptop id still have droid...unfortunately moto has taken away most of that for now with my droid 3...come on root and unlocked bootloader

i can only hope the d3 is as durable...i have gotten out of my car countless times and the og droid has gone flying...the battery would come out and the back would slide away but man ill tell you literally dropped the thing about 100 times some times id try and stop it with my foot and boot it away ...never broke and up until last month didnt have a single crack in the screen now it has a micro crack in the top corner doesnt effect viewing at all...my brothers iphone he has paid 400-500 multiple times for stupidity...hed drop it literally a foot off his couch to the floor and itd be done...screen cracked, radio out of place to where only his wifi worked...i have been telling him droid for 2 years now and his only come back is to call me and ask me to look up something on the internet while hes talking to me (he has att)...either way with the lineups hitting att and hopefully them letting you install apps from unknown sources he might be getting on board soon.

story time over lol

edited my language lol

#340 malaka, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  5. dancingcrab

dancingcrab Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh, sorry for derailing the topic, I just found it hilarious that I (accidentally) destroyed my phone the evening before replacing it.

However, I will say that I hope my new D3 holds up to the OGD in terms of build, because I literally dropped it all the time. T'was only this last mighty fall that did it in.

6. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,396
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    You guys are clumsy. I've dropped my Droid like twice. Only reason I have a refurb now is due to a solid steel gage from work slipped and fell right on my original. But as good as it was, it is time for a new phone and the D3 will be mine Thursday morning.

sent from somewhere...

7. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Keep spreading the Android word, do not give up. You better believe that when my girlfriend gets a smart phone, she is getting Android :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

8. jmdale1984

jmdale1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I broke the case off of my D1 twice and dropped it 3 times without a case. I've broken the case off of my D2G only once and I thought I was doing pretty good... lol.

None of my droids have broken from a fall, though. A few weeks ago I even threw my D2G full force onto a hardwood floor... survived without a hitch, although it did have an innocase on it.

I'm not normally so destructive with my electronics, but women can be infuriating... lol. I'd rather throw my phone and release some anger than do something even worse.

9. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    He clearly said he "threw" his phone on the floor...which implies he did it purposely.

But after reading his other posts, I guess he didn't mean it literally.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

#345 Malvado, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  10. jmdale1984

jmdale1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He also went on to say that it was a "perfectly timed accident". :)

11. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Right, but just the way he said it. And also, it reminded me of the time almost all the droid community ripped off asurion by "breaking" or "losing" there device when they found out they were sending out the droid 2 instead of the droid 1. Seeing they had a chance to get a free upgrade.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

12. everstar80

everstar80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far I am really enjoying the device. Its smooth, no lag time, no overheated battery with heavy use and battery life that lasts longer than 8hrs when in use. The screen is crisp and clear, nowhere near as bad as some were projecting as far as the pixels and I have good vision. Gingerbread is nice and the MOTOBLUR is not bad, of course I want all vcast and blockbuster completely off I just hide them with my home replacement. Plenty of ram to spare with all of my apps so I am really satisfied with the outcome of this device so far.

Search tags for this page

droid 3 slide not smooth

pac man