The "Got my D3"/ first impressions thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Stevelord, Jul 8, 2011.

1. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2

I'm gonna guess the samsung screens bug you even more than it does me. I do digital photography and graphic design as more of a hobby than vocation, but still, the colors on the charge are horrid to me.

2. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Google what? Speculation on a detail that hasnt been touched by trusted sources as of yet? We're lucky (we think) we know what the basic hardware specs are... and the assumption of it's allotment is being thrown around? I agree take the bionic talk to the proper sub forum... ill see ya there

by the by... its proper forum etiquette to include your source if you make such snide remarks and then tell the readers to do the research you claim to already have..Let the D3 owners have their section... again..see ya down there :welcome:

3. jimikeys

jimikeys Member

Ratings:
    +1
    the more i use it the more i like it... the build of this phone is absolutely incredible... it's the perfect size... thinking on it i don't believe i would have liked a 4'3" or 4'5" phone...4'0" is perfect for weight and knowing the phone is still in my pocket...it feels like an htc designed device b/c of the back....hopefully in droid4 they make the entire phone of the same material...and in all black like droid1

i am experiencing some reboots though... mainly when trying to use the camera multiple times and handcent mms is acting screwy now... and my phone just got super hot and stopped charging i did a battery pull and now its charging & isn't hot anymore but this phone is cool... i am looking forward to keeping it...got 12 more days to decide if its worth it and hopefully moto pushes out some updates for any issues....but this is a rock solid device.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  4. jmdale1984

jmdale1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear all the good reviews. Anyone moved from a D2G to a D3? Impressions?

I'll be switching from my D2G (on Hexen ROM) to the D3 tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts after I've had a little time to play with it.

5. dancingcrab

dancingcrab Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is arriving tomorrow... and guess what I just did?

Yup, threw my OGD on the floor. Now the screen is unresponsive. It boots, I can see the lock screen, but touch doesn't work. Oops.

A perfectly timed accident. I do feel bad for the old thing though. Saw me through some good times.

6. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    If you're thinking of doing an insurance claim, then shame on you. People that rip off the insurance like that are the reason the prices on claims go up. =/

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

7. jmdale1984

jmdale1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How would that be ripping off the insurance?

He pays to have his phone insured against mishaps, like the one he just had, and now he needs to use his insurance to cover replacing his phone because of his mishap.

Is it ripping off my insurance company to have my car repaired after a wreck?

8. rickerbilly

rickerbilly Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Asurion sucks. I buy at Best Buy when I can, pay 9.99 a month, no deductible for two years. I don't condone fraud, I just think they suck.

9. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,342
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I'm confused why you did this too. Heck you could trade it in and get $24 for it. Now its junk. This is a head scratcher.

sent from somewhere...

10. dancingcrab

dancingcrab Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Huh, what? No, this literally just happened to me. I'm just sharing a funny story. I guess when I said 'threw', people took me literally. My English dryness isn't coming across on these forums.

Wow, people are cynical. I ordered my D3 back on Wednesday evening via *611.

11. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,342
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    It is if you wreck it on purpose to get a new car.

sent from somewhere...

12. dancingcrab

dancingcrab Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeezum, I regret this. I don't even HAVE insurance.

Next time I'll just share with my non-virtual communities.

Search tags for this page

droid 3 slide not smooth

pac man