The get~r~done dev team is proud to present the beta release of d2g_romer get~r~done

473x15

Reaction score
Any one to report how squidly 2.3.20.2 fullblur works on d2g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )

RevNumbers

Reaction score
This just made my day... my fiance is wanting a droid2 like mine, but all I can find anywhere (as i'm sure you guys know) is the D2G... now I feel like there's enough hope to go ahead and get it for her.... looks like I may have a happy valentine's day after all, lol

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
For you people that need global data. Have you tried *#*#4636#*#*? There are setting in there to enable/disable gsm voice/data.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
this just made my day... My fiance is wanting a droid2 like mine, but all i can find anywhere (as i'm sure you guys know) is the d2g... Now i feel like there's enough hope to go ahead and get it for her.... Looks like i may have a happy valentine's day after all, lol

oh yeah get~r~done

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
@Two Buells,

You are correct, ideally, android would automatically pull back in all the apps you already had. I wish I had a solid answer, but I'm not really sure why that isn't working.

For now, it would be easier to backup using titanium backup and restore. Another benefit of that is not only will it restore the apps but also the app data, which google backup is sorta sketchy at.

@emarx429,

Yes, you did suggest putting this together, in the Liberty thread, I think I said it might be doable, turns out, it was doable. I hadn't looked into the zip file you mentioned, but it looks like that was a zip Kejar31 put together to port DX roms over to D2. It would flash D2 files over a DX rom. So I guess conceptually, D2G_Romer is the same thing, it just is flashing D2G files over D2 Roms. With this "patch" update.zip, I can theoretically look into the sensor issue (when I have time), rather than individually "porting" roms.

McClelland21

Reaction score
This works great!! Thanks for all your hard work The Dev Team and of course all the programmers out there that have been makin the roms . Running liberty 1.5 but is there a way to update or change the camra back to stock?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
@ Burri Boy I was looking at the sensors this morning when I woke up...... With little luck i will try to take a look @ them again tonight when I get home hopefully between me you & the rest of the team we can solve this pesky Sensor issue

Psj77

Reaction score
I installed liberty 1.5, but when I open the toolbox it says that I'm running an old version of the rom. Anyone know why it says this?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
@Two Buells,

You are correct, ideally, android would automatically pull back in all the apps you already had. I wish I had a solid answer, but I'm not really sure why that isn't working.

For now, it would be easier to backup using titanium backup and restore. Another benefit of that is not only will it restore the apps but also the app data, which google backup is sorta sketchy at.

Ok I'm off to download Titanium and give that a try. Maybe using Titanium will restore the settings I need to get GPS & Bluetooth
working for me.

UPDATE: two hours later, I'm Running Liberty 1.5, all my apps and settings restored with Titanium, GPS running but can't get bluetooth to work. thats a game changer for me.
I have a few good backups of my old set-up with Fission, so I'm going to play around with the phone and see if I can get bluetooth working.

Last edited:

TinMan09

Reaction score
For you people that need global data. Have you tried *#*#4636#*#*? There are setting in there to enable/disable gsm voice/data.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Tried this as well for anybody waiting on this answer. It gives me the options to select gsm and global data and what not, but still no dice. I have normal service but no data as stated before. Not sure why its doing that.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
OK, this was fun! I tried Ultimate Droid on my D2G with ROMer and the sensor zip file. Install went ok but I got stuck on the “M” logo. (kinda like the Windows blue screen of death)
Well, I flashed my Droid 1 a few times so I’m searching my computer to find the D2G SBF files I downloaded a few weeks ago. I found two files? Which one do I use?
DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf or DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_BOOT-SYSTEM.sbf
So now I’m off doing a search for SBF directions? Found some and how do you press and hold the up and down volume buttons at the same time. I’m thinking that the switch is a rocker switch. I’m wrong but I find that out later. I did know I could enter the bootload mode with the power off and just connecting the usb cable to my phone. That works so now I start RSD lite and flash the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf file. 33%, 45%, 89%, 99% (for ever)…I kinda remember the phone rebooting when I flashed my Droid 1. …..still waiting at 99%.............BANG!------fail…….
Phone says flash failed, file corrupt. OK lets try the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_BOOT-SYSTEM.sbf file.
Flash went ok, and now the phone is rebooting! Wait do I disconnect the phone (kinda remember doing that with the Droid 1 but I think that was when you flashed a root SBF file or zip or something. Anyway I pulled the usb cable when the Moto logo was on the screen and now I’m back to my Motorola Blurry stockness. I never did see my device in the window when I ran RSD lite so I have no clue how this worked????

This will make some dev cringe but I rooted my D2G and Flashed a ROM when the phone was new so I might play around with Moto Blur for a few days. I really never had much time with it when the phone was new. Now I will root of course and install boostrapp, then I could be back to where I was this morning…

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
@TwoBuells,

I'm getting ready to PM you a link to D2G_Romerv3.zip, I'm 99% I fixed bluetooth...care to give it a shot?

@Tinman09,

The new version includes the D2G bin files, I don't know if it will fix global data, but if you care to give it a shot shoot me a PM if WoZzy hasn't updated the link in the OP.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OK, this was fun! I tried Ultimate Droid on my D2G with ROMer and the sensor zip file. Install went ok but I got stuck on the “M” logo. (kinda like the Windows blue screen of death)
Well, I flashed my Droid 1 a few times so I’m searching my computer to find the D2G SBF files I downloaded a few weeks ago. I found two files? Which one do I use?
DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf or DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_BOOT-SYSTEM.sbf
So now I’m off doing a search for SBF directions? Found some and how do you press and hold the up and down volume buttons at the same time. I’m thinking that the switch is a rocker switch. I’m wrong but I find that out later. I did know I could enter the bootload mode with the power off and just connecting the usb cable to my phone. That works so now I start RSD lite and flash the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf file. 33%, 45%, 89%, 99% (for ever)…I kinda remember the phone rebooting when I flashed my Droid 1. …..still waiting at 99%.............BANG!------fail…….
Phone says flash failed, file corrupt. OK lets try the DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_BOOT-SYSTEM.sbf file.
Flash went ok, and now the phone is rebooting! Wait do I disconnect the phone (kinda remember doing that with the Droid 1 but I think that was when you flashed a root SBF file or zip or something. Anyway I pulled the usb cable when the Moto logo was on the screen and now I’m back to my Motorola Blurry stockness. I never did see my device in the window when I ran RSD lite so I have no clue how this worked????

This will make some dev cringe but I rooted my D2G and Flashed a ROM when the phone was new so I might play around with Moto Blur for a few days. I really never had much time with it when the phone was new. Now I will root of course and install boostrapp, then I could be back to where I was this morning…

Should use the full.sbf file...... from what i understand it always says failed at 99% but actually goes through. Im not entirely sure, somehow ive managed not to have to sbf yet....

I did pretty much the same although i flashed fission just because i couldnt stand Blur. (Actually flashed GummyJAR first then found out d2 roms dont work on d2g)

Sent from my Liberated D2G