The get~r~done dev team is proud to present the beta release of d2g_romer get~r~done

draexo

Reaction score
This is really great! I will wait for sensor issue to be resolved first but I do not care about Sim card or Global access. What about themes for these Roms?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This is really great! I will wait for sensor issue to be resolved first but I do not care about Sim card or Global access. What about themes for these Roms?

I know the gingerbread and frost themes in Liberty Toolbox works on liberty 1.0, i would assume they also work on liberty 1.5 however i havent tried yet.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sbf from an xp machine...windows 7 always does that too me...

Make sure you have moto drivers from their website and rsd 4.9

I will Try from a windows machine... This is really weird... I somehow got the phone to boot, but even after rooting and bootstraping and it saying success, I still don't have any recovery. When I reboot my phone it still says Liberty too, which the phone is completely stock, which is even weirder. I will try Flash .SBF from an XP computer... I hope that works.

Have to reflash recovery... i used rom manager to flash it, theres prolly another better way to though.

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Need to get recovery using droid2bootstrapper from koush.

Flashing from rommanager technically does nothing.

Some of the roms include the necessary hijack already.

Sorry for short answer...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Need to get recovery using droid2bootstrapper from koush.

Flashing from rommanager technically does nothing.

Some of the roms include the necessary hijack already.

Sorry for short answer...

I just used rommanager because I didn't know of anything else to use to flash cwm. (Back when I first got my d2g and hadn't done anything but root.)

Sent from my Liberated D2G

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I tried to install Liberty 1.5 again. Romer and Sensor zips. No trouble.
I wiped data/factory reset before flashing the zips.
When you do a wipe and factory reset then sign into your google account all the apps that were installed on your phone should reinstall. This is not working for me. The sync icon would spin in the notification bar for a min then disappear. GPS and Bluetooth still do not work.
I think I’m going to wait till the next update to try again.

Reaction score
Would there be any reason in particular why my windows XP machine can't seem to read the .SBF file? When I hit browse in RSD lite (4.9) and go look for the file in its folder, it isn't there. I have downloaded 2 times and its all over my computer and will never show up (including desktop, and random folders!), the file type is set to: All files(.shx, .sbf, .hs)

TinMan09

Reaction score
WoZzY, thanks for the report. I am not in the States and will gladly give it a try, however I suspect failure as I am pretty sure we need some extra stuff to get GSM working.

Did you test it and did it work? i'm sitting here in afghanistan wanting to swap roms, but i need phone service. Let us know man.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am in the states but the person saying they were going to test has not reported back to us yet when I find Out I will pm you probaly be tomorrow msometime as I am about to go to bed I gots work @ 330am

TinMan09

Reaction score
I am in the states but the person saying they were going to test has not reported back to us yet when I find Out I will pm you probaly be tomorrow msometime as I am about to go to bed I gots work @ 330am

alright thanks man. just let me know. hell i might just figure out for myself the hard way lol.

p0intman

Reaction score
Just finished installing Liberty on my droid 2 global thanks to the Get~r~done team and my praises go out to you guys great job

Psj77

Reaction score
Edit: Fixed it, thank god for nandroid backups!

Last edited:

TinMan09

Reaction score
alright so i decided to find out the hard way whether or not it was global. I've got normal coverage, it tells me im roaming, but it wont give me data. Also, even with the sensors off i'm getting a lock up when i try to wake the phone up that has to be fixed with a battery pull. at first i was having issues getting it to recognize my usb was a usb and not just a charger but a couple of battery pulls and it worked. I'm reverting back to fission for now because i cant not have global data while over here. i use google talk with my unlimited data to talk to people back home. Just a fyi for anybody not in the states.