The get~r~done dev team is proud to present the beta release of d2g_romer get~r~done

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by WoZzY, Feb 11, 2011.

1. hailtothetheif83

hailtothetheif83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup! Been running Liberty v1.5 since this came out this morning... haven't run into any issues no FC since dancedroid

2. Psj77

Psj77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh my... I'm so excited now! Time to download everything, lets hope I don't brick my phone haha :icon_ banana:

3. joha87

joha87 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I should be good on installing all this but could you please expand on the sensor issue? What exactly is the issue and problems that come up? Does the .zip you provided take care of the issue?

I've been waiting for Liberty for a while so I am excited to try this! I just want to make sure its something i can deal with.

Thanks for all your hard work!

4. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    use the zip we have provided it will disable the sensors that means the you turn your phone sidesways the scren will stay horizental the only way to get the scren sideways is to slide out the keyboard but I promise we are working a fix for this pesky sensor issue

5. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    The sensor issue is that when you lock the phone it reboots.... the sensors zip renames the sensors file to .bak so that it doesnt read them.

Ive been running liberty for a little over a week and havent had any problems with it.... for typing in the dark just use the touchscreen keyboard, to change to landscape mode just slide the keyboard out, to get back to portrait mode you can just lock/unlock the phone or open an app that starts in portrait mode.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

6. joha87

joha87 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys for clearing it up. I was thinking it had something to do with the sensor on calls to keep the screen asleep.

I will be 'liberating' my D2G as soon as I get some time.

7. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    if you dont disable the sensors every time your phone goes tot sleep you will get stuck in a bootloop best bet is to use the zip we provided to disable the sensors until we can figure how to get the sensors working bro

8. TwoBuells

TwoBuells Member

Ratings:
    +10
    OK I’m running Liberty 1.5 on my D2G. Running fine so far.

I can’t get Google Market to load my apps that I was running on my phone. I need to know how to manually restore my apps without downloading them one by one.

Every other time I flashed a rom the apps would restore automatically. I did sign into my google account and all of my contacts restored.
    I flashed Liberty, than the romer.zip than the Sensors.zip. install was flawless

I’m using ADW EX as a launcher and I always used Beautiful widgets screen rotate toggle in the locked position. (so I have to open keyboard to change to landscape)

The phone went dark a few times, I’d hit the power button and sometimes it would come back, one time it was locked and I had to pull the battery.
    I had the phone in the home dock and pulled it out and couldn’t get the screen back to portrait mode but that was before I installed Beautiful widgets screen toggle.

When I run Liberty tools I get a warning that I’m not running ver 1.5 (which I am) and some features will not work….I’m trying restore apps in Liberty tools, Now I have a reboot, Nope still need to know how to restore my apps……
    GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM, great job so far, this is fun!

#32 TwoBuells, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  9. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Thank you guys so much!!

Do you think this patch would work for Ultimate Droid for Droid 2?

10. TwoBuells

TwoBuells Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I couldn't get the GPS or Bluetooth working so I restored back to Fission....

11. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Removed all the formatting you did, was making it too hard to reread in quote lol

Im not sure whats up with it..... Im running a slightly modified version of liberty 1.0 and havent had any problems with it. Liberty tools works perfectly for me. If you can get your hands on a copy of 1.0 try it? Otherwise im not sure what to tell you....

For apps, i guess youll have to install them one by one if you didnt have Titanium Backup installed (in my opinion its a must have before flashing a rom).

About the gps/bluetooth, i dont have a bluetooth device to try it with. Gps isnt on it, im about to try it with Google Maps from market, ill get back to you on it.

@jam2it
    It should work without any problems.... if it does tell one of us and we can look into it.

#35 13th angel, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  12. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    GPS works with Google Maps..... what app were you trying to use?

Search tags for this page
d2g sensors.zip

droid2we x6 2.4.29 full sbf zip

how to enable gsm radio on droid pro *#*#4636#*#*