The get~r~done dev team is proud to present the beta release of d2g_romer get~r~done

leobg

Reaction score
Leo bg not to sure as all of us on the get~r~done dev team are basically state side but it is one of the bugs on are bug report but is listed as a unkown due to the reason we are all in the states

WoZzY, thanks for the report. I am not in the States and will gladly give it a try, however I suspect failure as I am pretty sure we need some extra stuff to get GSM working. Fission has a patch that you need to apply to enable GSM radio support. (patch seems to have GlobalNwSwitch.apk in it, not sure if there are any initialization scripts, edit - looks like no - just the APK). Maybe you guys can have a look into it? The D2G is unfortunately my primary phone and I need the phone functionality in it :).

I'll give a try of some of the ROM's from D2. Anyone know D2 rom that has the blur dialer in it? That's the feature I absolutely love in stock D2g rom!!

Another edit: I just saw you included GlobalNwSwitch.apk in the romer. So GSM support should be there! Any idea on the sensors? That's really crippling the phone..

Last edited:

473x15

Reaction score
Alrite guys im a lil b confused rite here, well since they released the romer for d2g. This mean that squidly is not gonna be release :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
leobg,

GlobalNwSwitch.apk is included in the Rom tool, but that wont make GSM show up in the settings menu (menu>settings>wireless&networks>GSM/UMTS Options), I think that is part of the settings.apk or settingsprovider.apk But if you go to the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*), it will let you enable GSM through there, I just dont know if that is enough to make calls.

Let me know if you end up giving it a shot.

and to 473x15,

The Alpha is still up, I guess it was more of a proof of concept for the D2G_Rom-er. I suppose I could manually port all the D2 Roms, but that would involve getting lots of permission from The Devs that poured heart and soul into making them, and since the sensors don't work, it would be a huge waste of my time. WoZzy talked to Squildly and go the ok, so we released it.

I've talked to the Liberty Devs, and while they would probably have allowed me to release their ROM (broken as it may be), I got the feeling that they would much prefer an official, fully functional release. And rightfully so, they don't need to be providing support for our hacks/mods. So, that one wont be released unless we work out all the bugs.

Which reminds me, if anybody tries a D2 ROM, don't complain to the original dev that the sensors are broken, it's not their problem. And if you do enjoy running a D2 Rom on your D2G, please take the time to thank the D2 Rom Devs! They've put in a lot of work and deserve all the credit.

This rom tool accomplishes two things, first it took quite a lot of time, and several SBF's to figure out which libraries we need on D2G to run a D2 Rom, rather than asking everybody to do that manually so they can help figure out sensors, this tool makes much quicker work of it. And second, it does allow people itchin to try Roms to do just that (even if the sensors are broken for now). If I, or anyone else who cares to take a crack at it, figure out the sensors, then we'll take the time to talk to real dev's about porting their work to the D2G. For now, D2G users can get pretty good functionality with all the Themes, as long as they can live without sensors (which does kinda suck, but really isn't that bad of an experiences...I've been running with out them for well over a week now).

Last edited:
OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
we have squidly released as a alpha but BURI BOY through The D2G RoMER as together that way are team can can focus on the sensor issue & also to look @ d1 roms that could be ported over

But right now the squidly rom is as good as it will get until we can fix this pesky sensor issue

But we will be working on it until we get those sensors working for you all

we have to pull apart & look at every jar file to see if we can edit them & get the sensors right

sorry if the post I posted last night led to false rumors of squids final release for the D2G but this was a big release for the d2g as it has opened the rom field rom dam for the d2G

473x15

Reaction score
@ buryboi & wozzy tks alot guys for the love that u showing up to all of us soooo here we goooo let's start the game wooohoooo lmaooo

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )

Reaction score
1. Awesome job get'n r done!
2. Get that donate link done.
3. BURI BOY; I believe twas you stated you've been running Liberty for a little while, can you get Root Explorer to R/W notifications file? I've been trying to drop some custom sound files in there (and erase others) but can't get it to toggle. Though it will toggle the main root parent dir.

From my Liberated D2G

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Yep, I had the same issue...root explorer may not like liberty's implementation of busybox.

The workaround is to open terminal and type

sysrw

Then go back into rootexplorer and click the toggle button.

Jrummy included a fantastic script with tons of roottools. Check out Liberty's main page to see all of the options in that script.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
will do I will be setting up a donate link in the next day or 2 it will help paying the 50$ a month for are dev site that currently comes out of pocket from me but well worth it to get the d2g the support it does but I am working on a possible d1 rom port but I will set that donate link up after work tomorrow

Psj77

Reaction score
So if I read this correctly, I can use this file to port liberty over? If so I may try this! Thank you dev team

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
So if I read this correctly, I can use this file to port liberty over? If so I may try this! Thank you dev team

Yup! Been running Liberty v1.5 since this came out this morning... haven't run into any issues no FC since dancedroid

Psj77

Reaction score

Yup! Been running Liberty v1.5 since this came out this morning... haven't run into any issues no FC since dancedroid
oh my... I'm so excited now! Time to download everything, lets hope I don't brick my phone haha :icon_ banana:

joha87

Reaction score
I think I should be good on installing all this but could you please expand on the sensor issue? What exactly is the issue and problems that come up? Does the .zip you provided take care of the issue?

I've been waiting for Liberty for a while so I am excited to try this! I just want to make sure its something i can deal with.

Thanks for all your hard work!

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
use the zip we have provided it will disable the sensors that means the you turn your phone sidesways the scren will stay horizental the only way to get the scren sideways is to slide out the keyboard but I promise we are working a fix for this pesky sensor issue

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think I should be good on installing all this but could you please expand on the sensor issue? What exactly is the issue and problems that come up? Does the .zip you provided take care of the issue?

I've been waiting for Liberty for a while so I am excited to try this! I just want to make sure its something i can deal with.

Thanks for all your hard work!

The sensor issue is that when you lock the phone it reboots.... the sensors zip renames the sensors file to .bak so that it doesnt read them.

Ive been running liberty for a little over a week and havent had any problems with it.... for typing in the dark just use the touchscreen keyboard, to change to landscape mode just slide the keyboard out, to get back to portrait mode you can just lock/unlock the phone or open an app that starts in portrait mode.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

joha87

Reaction score
use the zip we have provided it will disable the sensors that means the you turn your phone sidesways the scren will stay horizental the only way to get the scren sideways is to slide out the keyboard but I promise we are working a fix for this pesky sensor issue

The sensor issue is that when you lock the phone it reboots.... the sensors zip renames the sensors file to .bak so that it doesnt read them.

Ive been running liberty for a little over a week and havent had any problems with it.... for typing in the dark just use the touchscreen keyboard, to change to landscape mode just slide the keyboard out, to get back to portrait mode you can just lock/unlock the phone or open an app that starts in portrait mode.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Thank you guys for clearing it up. I was thinking it had something to do with the sensor on calls to keep the screen asleep.

I will be 'liberating' my D2G as soon as I get some time.