The GET~R~DONE D2G Romer Ver 3 IS HERE THIS FIX BLUETOOTH !!!!

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
THANKS BURRI BOY & THE GET~R~DONE DEV TEAM WE HAVE PUSHED OUT A UPDATE FOR THE GET~R~DONE ROMER IT IS NOW SITTING @ VER 3 THIS FIXES BLUTOOTH

THIS IS NOT THE BIG PROJECT JUST UPDATING it & THE SENSORS ARE STILL NOT WORKING HOPEFULLY WE WILL FIGURE IT OUT soon guys sorry for the sensors still being broken

After learning a lot through trial and error, messing with several D2 Roms, I came up with this handy "tool." After flashing the D2 Rom of your choice, flash this update to "convert" it for use on the Global.

Obviously use this tool at your own risk, neither I, nor any other member of Get~R~Done are respondible should you brick your phone.

Before you begin, download the following two files to the root of your sdcard along with a D2 rom of your choosing.

D2G_Romerv3.zip

D2G_Romer_v3.zip

D2G_Sensors.zip

D2G_Sensors.zip

Installation Instructions
1. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
2. Create a nandroid Backup
3. Factory Reset/Wipe Data/Cache
4. Flash the D2 Rom of your choosing.
5. As soon as that completes, flash the D2G_Romer.zip
6. If you want to disable the sensors flash the D2G_sensors.zip
7. When done, reboot your phone, hopefully, if all went well, you will not bootloop, I haven't...yet.

Known Issues
The sensors still cause sleep/wake issues. To disable them rename /system/lib/hw/sensors.droid2we.so to sensors.droid2we.bak. The D2G_Sensors.zip is essentially a toggle. If sensors are working (and your phone is rebooting everytime it tries to sleep), flash D2G_Sensors.zip to disable them. If your sensors arent working (no auto rotate, and your phone will sleep like normal) flash it if you want to mess with the sensors.

build.prop will not report your rom as whatever you've flashed. It will say it is D2G Rom-er. This is because the tool is generic. I really didn't feel like making a seperate tool for every D2 Rom just so build.prop will report correctly. This easily fixed by manually editing build.prop from root explorer.

Some roms (Apex in specific) do not include all of the system apps (Apex happens to be missing a phone.apk. If you format system prior to flashing a rom like that, you wont be able to make calls. For this reason, the instructions above only recomend a factory reset/data wipe.

General Warnings
I flashed a rom that would not let me boot back into Clockwork recovery (gummyjar). As of now, I don't know how/why that would happen so be careful, and do not do this unless you are comfortable using the SBF released by TBH.

Before you flash anyrom, be certain that it doesn't include the D2 kernel or Radio files (I'm not aware of any that do except maderstock and that's for the X). A D2 kernel on the D2G could mean a brick, and not the SBF cureable kind.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Wozzy - is there no way to have the patch read the build.prop file to keep the proper OS label?
Such as editing the existing file instead of replacing it?

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
The D2 build.props are missing all of the code to start GSM.

It is much easier to use a D2G build.prop.

To make it read correctly in system>settings>about phone try the following:

1. Open root explorer and Navigate to /system
2. Mount system as RW
3. Long press build.prop and select edit with text editor.
4. Near the top is a line that ends with = D2G_Romer, replace "D2G_Romer" with the name of your build.

Liberty uses build.prop for a cross check for their toolbox. It will work, but may give you an error.

Also, Romerv3 will not automatically install Libertytoolbox. For now, until I upload v4, manually navigate with root explorer or file explorer to /data/liberty/app and install the apps in that folder. As far as I know, Liberty is the only rom using a custom startup script that installs apps from that location.

D2G_Romerv4.zip is currently being uploaded.

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
danm dude I got to sleep v3 is out now v4 you are making me type a lot lol

way to go burri boy

Asphyx

Reaction score
Thanks Buryboy, Just thought if you could get the pakage name from the boot it would make it easier for you to make a generic romer that would not need tweaking after installing over a rom.

I'm not so concerned with Liberty Tools sine I have never run Liberty and don't even know their significance.

Will V4 have any affect on the sensor issue?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
To my knowledge the sensor issue is still there

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Very nice! Loving my Liberty set up now or else I would try this new one on a new ROM!

Thanks again guys for all your hard work

wilboy

Reaction score
You can just flash v4 over your current setup.

Very cool I didn't know that dancedroid will do once loaded up! don't use bluetooth at all so v3 was no biggie for me

I can do both v4 .zips right over Liberty? no wipe?

Thanks in advance

Whoaaa...seeem like u have answer my question to one of the thread...so i can flash Liberty rom D2 w/ this romer rom..I'll do this later..came from long journey w/o my f****g phone.:):)

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
You can just flash v4 over your current setup.

Very cool I didn't know that dancedroid will do once loaded up! don't use bluetooth at all so v3 was no biggie for me

I can do both v4 .zips right over Liberty? no wipe?

Thanks in advance

Whoaaa...seeem like u have answer my question to one of the thread...so i can flash Liberty rom D2 w/ this romer rom..I'll do this later..came from long journey w/o my f****g phone.:):)

Indeed! You missed a lot when you were on vacation haha... Yeah been running Liberty v1.5 since yesterday NO issues yet!! Loving my D2G again!!

wilboy

Reaction score
hahaha..so i missed a lot?!!...i will but later..need to rest first!Glad i'm back safe.LOL

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Yes, if you've already flashed a D2 rom and a previous version of D2G Romer, you can flash v4 over top without wiping data.

But if you don't use global data or bluetooth, it will have little benefit.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Yes, if you've already flashed a D2 rom and a previous version of D2G Romer, you can flash v4 over top without wiping data.

But if you don't use global data or bluetooth, it will have little benefit.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Cool! Thanks for the info... I don't use either but will load new version when I try out a new ROM!!

McClelland21

Reaction score
Great job guys!! I cant wait for us to fix all the issues then all the D2 and D2G can combine all the resources....AWSOME