The Galaxy S3 Pre-Order Thread

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Are we bashing on target here?? You know, you guys should really consider what you're doing!!! I mean SRSLY?? You didn't ask me to join in?? :p I'm with them on this lol... stay away from target. :) my sister had a really bad experience with target and their cell phone sales... what a MESS!!!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Please always join us in bashing any authorized reseller 94lt1 :)

Last edited:

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
I do wonder however if Verizon is going to have to have a short "leeway" period (grace period). There's no doubt that some people will have target or best buy phones that aren't qualifying for unlimited because of the "deposit versus preorder" thing... And these people will be raising holy hell. I have to assume that for a week or two after release they'll need to be making manual adjustments to accounts, just to keep the peace. They'll probably say there's nothing they can do but the management will be involved big time.

They already have a form they can fill out and send to corp to have old pricing and packages honored. I HIGHLY doubt they will do anything for people that pre order from those 3rd party sellers. We will just have to wait and see how many people start new thread's with the title "HELP Verizon wont honor my unlimited data because I bought from a 3rd party" lmfao..

Trapper31

Reaction score
They already have a form they can fill out and send to corp to have old pricing and packages honored. I HIGHLY doubt they will do anything for people that pre order from those 3rd party sellers. We will just have to wait and see how many people start new thread's with the title "HELP Verizon wont honor my unlimited data because I bought from a 3rd party" lmfao..

Yep, I'm with you here. I was just in Best Buy today and they really tried to convince me that if I pre-ordered with them I wouldn't get put on the new Family Share plan, but I WOULD be switched to a tiered data plan. That was way off, so I just came home and ordered online. Luckily the $100 4G upgrade plus $30 loyalty were both still available, so I got the 32GB Blue much cheaper than I would have at Best Buy. Now fingers crossed that the July 11th date sticks!

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Yep, I'm with you here. I was just in Best Buy today and they really tried to convince me that if I pre-ordered with them I wouldn't get put on the new Family Share plan, but I WOULD be switched to a tiered data plan. That was way off, so I just came home and ordered online. Luckily the $100 4G upgrade plus $30 loyalty were both still available, so I got the 32GB Blue much cheaper than I would have at Best Buy. Now fingers crossed that the July 11th date sticks!

See! So much better than ordering from Best Buy and getting the tiered data plan.. omg I feel so bad for those people that pre ordered with any 3rd party and are going to find out the hard way they lost their unlimited data.. going to be some angry people in the middle of July, least VZW is nice and wont ruin anyone's 4th of July lol.

ustav

Reaction score
Trapper31 said:

What is this 100$ 4g upgrade? Im upgrading from a DROID 2 and it was mentioned earlier that there was a discount for going from 3g to 4g

Beka27

Reaction score
What is this 100$ 4g upgrade? Im upgrading from a DROID 2 and it was mentioned earlier that there was a discount for going from 3g to 4g

My husband and I each received a $100 3g to 4g upgrade discount. They do have this. I called up and told the rep I was wanting to upgrade two phones and get the 4g discount. He "tapped away" on his computer, "found the discount", and added it on both lines. At the end of the day we are paying $280 (including tax and upgrade fees) for two S3s. Now some people are saying they are getting it, others are not. If they don't give it to you, try calling back as many times as necessary, or speaking with a supervisor. You may also be able to ask for the loyalty department.

Trapper31

Reaction score

When the Nexus was nearing its release Verizon was sending out little advertisements saying that if you upgrade to 4G you'll get a discount of varying amounts. I believe I remember people saying they were eligible for discounts between $30 and $100, depending on who knows what, and I was lucky enough to get $100. I actually thought it expired, but I guess not.

If you want to check it out, log into Verizon and add the S3 (or whichever 4G phone, but get the S3 :)) to your cart. Once it is in there the discount should show up, if you are eligible by Verizon's mysterious criteria. Good luck!

Black05Hemi

Reaction score
So yeah pre-ordered the 16GB last night...I'm coming from an Iphone 4, so we'll see how it goes...There's things I like about the Iphone and Android, but I want to keep my unlimited data, so i'm going Android...See how it goes, i'm excited

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just Pre-Ordered mine, 16GB Blue, always used HTC phones "Incredible, Rezound", except my first smartphone was the Samsung Omnia "horrid windows OS".It was a long and agonizing ordeal for me, as my HTC Rezound with ICS runs great, but could not pass up my last subsidized upgrade and at the same time keeping unlimited, I know I could have bought the phone "or any phone for that matter" later, but to keep my unlimited data it would had to be at full price, the way I see it, if something comes out early next year, I can eBay it and get a pretty good penny for it, which will offset the cost of the new full price phone, since by that time there will be no more unlimited unless you buy the phone outright, and most people that are looking to upgrade with unlimited data will try to get get something close to new but will not have to pay new phone price, win win for everyone:icon_ devil: And worse comes to worse if I don't like it I can sell it sooner "hold on to the $ till something comes out that I like, and still have my Rezound.

Last edited:

NYC Drifter

Reaction score
Preordered the blue 32 yesterday, primarily as insurance, because my business side rep could not assure me that the business plans were not losing unlimited data. I don't think they are in the immediate future though.

Low risk getting it on preorder though as I won't have the phone in hand for a number of days and have 30 days to return it as I want to see the reviews on the Razr HD which may hit in a couple of weeks.

Also was going to add hotspot, but found out that feature is NOT tied into the unlimited data, but is separate tiered plan.:icon_evil:

Last edited: