The Galaxy S3 Pre-Order Thread

mkhannah

Reaction score
Odd?

I decided to take the risk and pre-ordered after much dilemma. Now for the unfortunate wait. One oddity though... My email confirmation states ship by 7/9/12 like the majority. But when I go to VZW to check on the status, it says "Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." Is this what everyone sees? Or should it state 7/9/12? And if so, should I give VZW a call? Excited & impatient...

GSdub510

Reaction score
So I upgraded to the Maxx in late May because I thought VZW was getting rid of the unlimited plan. I had to exchange it for another one on June 5th because of problems. On my receipt it says I have until June 19th to return or exchange my phone. Can I return my Maxx and pre-order the S3?

kiwiguy

Reaction score
But when I go to VZW to check on the status, it says "Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.

I get the same thing, even though I completed my preorder a few minutes after pre-ordering started on the 6th.

mkhannah

Reaction score
I get the same thing, even though I completed my preorder a few minutes after pre-ordering started on the 6th.
Interesting. Decided to be impatient and call VZW this morning. The gentleman said that my order was still processing , but that everything was in working order, i.e. terms confirms, credit card charged, etc. And that a date will be forthcoming. So I'm forcing myself to wait 48 hours.

PS. Unfortunately, the rep I spoke with didn't want to listen to the fact that I know others that have received their confirmation email and can see a date on the order status page within 12 hours or less.

EDIT: Perhaps I've misunderstood other posts... Maybe the Order Status online does not receive a date until the order has been processed all the way through shipping it out. Anyone confirm or deny?

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
is there any difference between pre ordering from BB or Verizon store?

Yes. If you preorder from BB you will not actually sign for an renew your new contract until after the phone comes in. Which will be after the 28th. So if you have unlimited you will lose it. When you preorder from VZW you agree to the new contract immediately. Locking in your unlimited

JEFFSGTP

Reaction score
32 GB White here. I'm wondering how many others held on to their Droid X until this came out. OG Droid --> DroidX --> Galaxy S3

Hope I won't regret leaving Moto

Haha, that's me right there with the exception of I bought the OG Droid, got given the DX as payment for some work I did (guys wife just had to have Siri so he paid full price to upgrade in contract...and his wife hates the thing now). I used my last new every two on the S3 and kept my unlimited data...guess I will start putting a bit aside each month in an upgrade fund if I decide i want a new phone after this (and want to keep my unlimited plan).

liteon163

Reaction score
I just tried upgrading to a pebble blue 32 GB Samsung Galaxy 3 III. Verizon wouldn't let me because I'm on a family plan with my sister and she's the primary account holder. I'll have to coordinate with her to get this done before June 28th. After that, I really don't care how long it takes to ship the phone because back in February I purchased an LG Spectrum off ebay. As long as my Spectrum works, I don't really "need" a new phone; I'm just upgrading to grandfather in unlimited data.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Pre ordered the white 32G today. ETA 7/10, Leaving Driod X... kind sad, was a good phone.
From all i've seen on this 3S phone, its all that AND some.... we will see ... off to surf for a case ....

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
Pre ordered the white 32G today. ETA 7/10, Leaving Driod X... kind sad, was a good phone.
From all i've seen on this 3S phone, its all that AND some.... we will see ... off to surf for a case ....

I've loved my X too, but it's time... :)

Beka27

Reaction score
Either or... I think a lot of people are calling because they want verbal confirmation that they will be keeping unlimited data. I personally prefer making large purchases over the phone anyways.

antonyz409

Reaction score
ive tried calling twice, both times they have told me i can only order it online, can anyone confirm that they have pre ordered through customer service?

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Confirmed over the phone order.

I pre-ordered it over the phone with a customer service rep on 6/14/12 @ 3:31pm PST. After you pre-order if you have your email address with them on file you will get a confirm email with your order confirming everything.. price, package.. unlimited data.. so on and so forth.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You can actually preorder it online, over the phone or in the store. I preordered two online, and spoke with a Verizon rep via online chat to confirm we'd keep our unlimited plans. Good to go! :D

**tap'n**