The Galaxy Nexus/Google Wallet experience

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
First experience sucked as expected. I went up to pay and it wouldn't work for like 15 seconds so I stood there like a moron. Finally it said "Received" or something liek that, but it didn't work, some sort of error, so I ended up just using my debit card. Horrible.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
First experience sucked as expected. I went up to pay and it wouldn't work for like 15 seconds so I stood there like a moron. Finally it said "Received" or something liek that, but it didn't work, some sort of error, so I ended up just using my debit card. Horrible.

Check list:
Did you have funds in your 'prepaid card'?
Did you have 3G/4G/Wifi connection?
Was the machine that takes the card, 'paypass friendly'?
Did you or the cashier press the "credit" button?
Did you 'tap' the back of your phone (where the battery/antennae) resides on the machine?
Did you tell the cashier "Ok, I'm trying out this new app, so bear with me okay? Let me see if it works, I should be able to pay it with my phone."?
-If you said it above, you shouldn't look like a moron. Do you not have people skills? Did you just try it out to look special and important, and failed miserably?
What did the error say?

Droid592

Reaction score
Check list:
Did you 'tap' the back of your phone (where the battery/antennae) resides on the machine?
Did you tell the cashier "Ok, I'm trying out this new app, so bear with me okay? Let me see if it works, I should be able to pay it with my phone."?
-If you said it above, you shouldn't look like a moron. Do you not have people skills? Did you just try it out to look special and important, and failed miserably?
What did the error say?

LOL nice ,I still haven't used mine because I have a question. Does this work at any location that has paypass or must it also have a Google wallet symbol?

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted G Nexus

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Check list:
What did the error say?
I knew what I was doing, and yes I still looked like a moron for a few seconds. Yes I did show the cashier after a few seconds and she mentioned that this specific paypass machine probably wasn't working correctly. I tried it out because of the free $10 gogole deposits into your account, and I wanted to buy a movie that was a little under $10 with it, not to "look special and important" whatever you mean by that. If I remembered the exact error message, I would've mentioned it, but I don't.

I'm not saying google wallet is flawed or anything of the sorts, I'm merely mentioning my first experience as the thread is asking about.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
LOL nice ,I still haven't used mine because I have a question. Does this work at any location that has paypass or must it also have a Google wallet symbol?

From my experience look for the pay pass logo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jleeusa

Reaction score
Used mine for the first time last night. Wasn't the smoothest but it worked. It wouldn't connect at first, I unlocked phone and the app asked for my pin. I'll figure out the quirks, its a bit of a novelty right now cause my debit card is still in my back pocket.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Droid592

Reaction score
Google paid for my lunch today, worked flawlessly

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Will wallet still work on ICS 4.0.3?

I'm running 4.0.2 on unrooted/unlocked stock GN...with wallet installed and working.