The Future of Windows XP

etx_droid

Reaction score
We are about to migrate our users from XP to 7...I've been using 7 for a good while now and it performs just as well, if not better, then XP. We decided on skipping Vista...

etx_droid

Reaction score
I cannot stand Windows or IE. Whenever I design a webpage, it alwsys looks frakked up in IE. They are always lagging behind other browsers. I use a Mac and Safari.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

can't stand Safari...I use mostly Firefox and Chrome. If you want a fast non-nonsense browser give Chrome a try.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
At work, it's always been XP. I won't upgrade my PC to 7, mainly because it probably won't support it that well. When I lose XP, it'll be a new computer for me.

etx_droid

Reaction score
At work, it's always been XP. I won't upgrade my PC to 7, mainly because it probably won't support it that well. When I lose XP, it'll be a new computer for me.

You'd be surprised @ what 7 can run on. Do you have at least a gig of RAM?

kentfx

Reaction score
clamworks

Ubuntu 10.10 people should really look into it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I use Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows XP (thank you, Oracle/virtualbox). XP and 10.04 are both about to be shrugged into neverland, but as long as they're on my machine I'm happy as a clam. Subsequent versions of both systems just added layers of graphical fiddling and essentially nothing more.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just put my netbook on Win7 earlier today. It was made for XP, but runs 7 fine, really sped up my system too. XP was a great OS, but it's time for the curtain call, especially with 8 coming out soon.