The future of liberty, aosp & justice

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by dstripedape, Jul 17, 2011.

1. dstripedape

dstripedape New Member

I know u guys just dropped a new rom and have ur hands full but I think people are wondering what your plans for the roms are. For instance I'm aosp and outside of a couple issues, I'm cool with it. Are u still going to support it? Should i check out justice or go to lb09. It will help us with the decision making process. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. plenoz

plenoz New Member

just wait and see which one will take status FINAL & STABLE ROM :)
  3. skranendonk

skranendonk New Member

Lulz...you realize that justice is completely aosp right?

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
  4. dstripedape

dstripedape New Member

Froyo based vs. Gingerbread based. Which would u think is better?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Maganus

Maganus New Member

Actually they are all Gingerbread based. Justice is actually 2.3.4. Justice runs on the kernel the X used when it was running Froyo. The kernel and actual version of Android are completely independent of each other. As to the difference between the previous kernel and the current kernel on the DX I can't speak to - if anyone knew - it'd be interesting to know what the differences were.

Mainly just look at the Pro's and Con's of each and decide that way. If you like some things Blur offers I'd probably stick with Liberty and/or Liberty AOSP. If you don't care about blur - I'd recommend trying out Justice/CM. They offer a pretty high level of customization which is pretty good.
  6. Kasey Krehbiel

Kasey Krehbiel New Member

I don't care about blur vs. blurless. All I care about is HDMI. CM4DX, AOSP Lib. and Justice have no HDMI. It gives me a giant sad face. :-( It's crazy that all these ROMs are being developed that ignore a major piece of hardware on our phones! I'm sure they're great ROMs but I can't give up my HDMI!
  7. Maganus

Maganus New Member

I may be wrong - but HDMI is a manufacturer thing and not part of Android. So in this case you do care about blur - becuase that's what adds the HDMI support :p
  8. Kasey Krehbiel

Kasey Krehbiel New Member

HDMI is just like the microphone, or the speaker, or the wireless radio. It's just another piece of hardware in the phone. The only difference between it and the others is that no one has written a driver for it except Moto, who hooked it up with Blur. So no, I really don't care about blur. I care about HDMI. And there's no reason the phone couldn't have HDMI support without Blur, given that someone would write a driver for it. Not an easy thing to do, but I can hope. The best chance for something like that would be for the manufacturer of the hardware to actually come out with a generic driver to support it, which may not be likely.
  9. searayman

searayman New Member

which has better battery life?
Search tags for this page

hdmi and radio work on rom liberty droid x2?