The fine line.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by darkmatter, Jul 16, 2011.

1. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

A while ago i did the autonooter for my nook color. It was nice and easy. Then i decided to get clever, and install honeycomb or cm7. That didnt go so well for me. A few days later i manage to restore to stock and autonooter again. I was thinking that i should have left well enough alone.

Fast forward a few months. With the netflix app, and other goodies for 2.2+ only, i decide to give a new rom a try on my nook. After a few hiccups, i finally get phiremod 6.3 working. And its working great. Now i'm wishing i'd have done this sooner.

And that, to me, is the fine line of root/rom'ing on android. Leaving well enough alone, or wishing i'd done it sooner.

And now i think about it, with ice cream sandwich doing away with buttons, nook color was ahead of its time, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  2. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

I've got CM7 running on the card on our nook color. SDcard is in, we are rooted. Remove the card and reboot and it is stock. I bought it right before the update for it came out and didn't want to root the actual device until I saw what the update was like. Then rooting the actual device became difficult after the update. After seeing the update I really wished I had gone and rooted the whole thing. Sooner.

It runs good but would probably get better performance running the OS out of memory instead of off the card. I haven't heard of phiremod so will have to go looking for it.
  3. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

I think you could restore it to stock 1.1, then root/rom from there?

Phiremod is a modified cm7. I'm happy enough with it right now to leave well enough alone...until we see ice cream sandwich...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk