1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The Fascinate Development Platform AKA UnBrickable Mod

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Get out your soldering iron folks! Its time to make your Samsung Fascinate UNBRICKABLE! Thats right AdamOutler from XDA has developed a method to Modify the OM pins so that the phone can boot from USB, UART, or MMC. This method makes the phone unbrickable, as there is nothing you can do software wise to prevent the phone from booting into this mode. If you know what flux is, have a steady hand, and possibly an old Fascinate sitting around, its time to get your hands dirty!

[​IMG]

By DroidModderX

Instructions posted here on DroidForums
    1 person likes this.
  2. kjumper187

kjumper187 Member

What if your g/f's Fasinate is a POS and on their 3rd one (and in need of a 4th one) in 3 months? I'd love to try this, but she'd kill me if I screwed it up and had to shell out money for a new phone....outright
  3. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Yea its definately risky... but heck id try it on a throwaway device for sure

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums