The Famous Upgrade Question???

C_Pate

Reaction score
Hello Droiders,

I'm new to the world of droids, but I'm quickly becoming hooked, and have found this website to be very helpful. I am basically asking the old question, "which phone should I upgrade to?", but let me set it up for you a little, so you can answer the question the best you can:

I might make a few enemies here, but I currently own a Blackberry Storm 2. I've had this phone for over a year and a half, and I'm due an upgrade on July 7th. In my defense, when I got the BB, droids were a new name, and BlackBerry was still a strong competitor in the smartphone industry. My, how things have changed. The phone has its strong points, but overall, I would grade it a C/C-.

That being said, I won't go with another BB. The Bold Touch coming out later this year looks cool, but I'm probably not going to go down that road again.

Now, let me make a few more enemies. :icon_eek: I'm not anti-Apple. I have iPods and an iPad, all of which were gifts, but solid devices regardless. I also have family members who have the iP4, so I am familiar with their stuff. Here's my deal, I feel like if I get the iP4 or wait for the iP5, I will get burnt out on Apple. Having their other devices, I think adding a phone to that list would be too much...

So, that brings us to the one and only android line of phones. I am somewhat familiar with droids. (My dad has a droid X and I have friends who have droid 2's, etc.) Due to the explanations I provided above, I'm just about dead set on a droid phone. But which one? One of the 4G's? Of the three, I've heard more bad reviews about the HTC TB than the other two. I liked the way the LG Rev looked and felt, but it only has a 5 mp cam and a couple other downfalls... The Droid 3 looks to be hitting shelves soon, but it likely wont be 4G. Does that even matter? Is the Bionic going to be the phone to kill all phones, or will it fall short of expectation? I'm willing to wait (a little while), but only if its worth it...

A couple other things...
-I'm a light to moderate gamer
-Text friendly is very important
-Web browsing is EXTREMELY important
-Camera is somewhat important
-I'm prob well below average on actually talking on phone (more texting, etc.)
-I like speed and I like bells and whistles.

I know, I've rambled on, but what say you droid helpers?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

C_P

Exayex

Reaction score
Id honestly wait for the Bionic or galaxy S2 if I were you. The 3 current 4g phones just aren't worth the price tag they come with at this point.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
C_Pate

C_Pate

Reaction score
Thanks! The Galaxy S2 looks solid too. What do you think the time frame are on those phones? (Just a ballpark guess.) Also, is the S2 def going to be 4G, if not does the Bionic get the edge?

Exayex

Reaction score
Thanks! The Galaxy S2 looks solid too. What do you think the time frame are on those phones? (Just a ballpark guess.) Also, is the S2 def going to be 4G, if not does the Bionic get the edge?

I believe Motorola is shooting for A summer release, so I would think august. The S2 I have no idea. And yes, if the s2 isn't 4g I'd give the nod to the bionic.
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
C_Pate

C_Pate

Reaction score
Thanks, its just soooo hard to wait when that upgrade is sitting there, but the Bionic might just be worth it.