The fact that this phone runs Sense, how will it effect Android updates?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Aluminum21, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figure the N1 would get it right away but seeing how pathetically the update was handled by Motorola and Verizon for the Droid I wonder how bad it will be for the Incredible once 2.2 rolls out

2. VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The fact that the Hero has been out a year and is still running on 1.5 is a good indicator but maybe the new sense will play nicer with update? Its definitely not going to get updates as fast as the N1 or The Droid since they are running Vanilla android. But look at how long it took for the Droid to get 2.1 and from what i have heard the N1 still has some bugs. Only time will tell how long it takes the incredible to get updates.

3. jasonb

jasonb Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it will be slower to get updates because of it. is it really a huge deal? no, not really. ooooOOOOoooo 2.1 added live wallpapers. i could care less. not concerned.

i'm sure once it gets hacked, new roms with the updated versions of android will be out there long before the official update.

4. Yodes

Yodes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HTC does such a good job taking an OS and then adding to and tweaking to it that I wouldn't worry. It will be slower but you'll already have so much more than us vanilla users (flash light 4 for one) that it'll be all good.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk