The Essential Phone Will Begin Shipping In Late June

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
essential-phone-white-jpg.77521

Andy Rubin unveiled his new essential phone yesterday. The phone's design is stunning and includes all of the normal bells and whistles you would expect from a flagship phone. The phone is sold unlocked and can be yours for only $699. Yesterday you could register, but today you can actually pre-order the device. The device will begin to ship out in late June. It will ship with a new voice assistant meant to compete with Google Assistant and Samsung's Bixby. Essential phone comes packed with a 5.71" 19:10 aspect ratio display, Snapdragon 835 cpu, 4GB of RAM, 13MP camera, fingerprint sensor, 3,040mah battery, and Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Andy Rubin is known as the creator of Android so it is easy to assume his vision for a smartphone would be pretty awesome. Will any of you be picking up one of these phones?

Attachments

• essential-phone-white.jpg
    essential-phone-white.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 3,967

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
That's a sweet looking phone!

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
If this comes with android O, accompanied by if google does what they are talking about making the os separate from the apps so it will be able to be updated by google. I would consider this phone.

But I am definitely waiting to see what google does about updates and better security with apps on google play.

After the whole Judy virus ordeal and other security issues I am currently seeing and I won't go in depth on it as I would need to wear my tin foil hat while doing so,I am seriously considering just going back to a flip phone and getting a small netbook running windows.

And yes I know windows doesn't have a good track record, but I just think android and android apps are just getting too invasive with the data they are collecting.

I'm thinking about giving google the old heave ho on my email as well and configure one of my old machines as an email server with my own unique domain name.

Last edited: