The Droid Turbo Is Not Waterproof. Is It A Deal Breaker?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I know the lifeproof case does .. I know the s5 which is somewhat waterproof has no covers

The S5, which has an IP67 waterproof rating (which means it is waterproof up to a point), does have a cover over the USB 3.0 port.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The S5, which has an IP67 waterproof rating (which means it is waterproof up to a point), does have a cover over the USB 3.0 port.
Thanks for the correction . my sister in law has one . I though that was part of her case . o well been wrong before :) and won't be last

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The S5 has a cover over the USB port .Which can be a pain when you go to charge the phone every night . The Audio Jack is open but it is water proof.
I picked up the wireless charging back for the S5 and solved the inconvenience of having to always open the port to charge. :)

That said, the piece of mind that the IP67 rating gave with the S5 was worth the port cover to me.

Reactions: cr6

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Well, I'm not above putting my beloved phone into a zip-lock sandwich bag, then in my pocket on a rainy day.

The only downside to this, for me anyway, was eating one of my phones and trying to get yahoo on my sandwich.

Not a deal breaker for this cat!

=^ .". ^=

Reactions: cr6

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not above putting my beloved phone into a zip-lock sandwich bag, then in my pocket on a rainy day.

The only downside to this, for me anyway, was eating one of my phones and trying to get yahoo on my sandwich.

Not a deal breaker for this cat!

=^ .". ^=

They are "CandyBar phones" with kitkat ingredients .....;)