1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

The Droid that swam in the washing machine - and woke up in a coma!

Discussion in 'Droid Stock Help' started by NayusDante, Dec 19, 2010.

1. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

After an incident involving someone forgetting to check their pockets before doing laundry, I now have a "broken" Droid sitting in front of me. For a day or so, it didn't even turn on. Eventually, reinserting the battery brought up the bootloader. I tried flashing a stock Verizon SBF, which sort of works. Booting up the phone after flashing goes back to the bootloader, but holding X brings up the recovery screen where I can install update.zip or clear data. I can definitely flash it with SBFs, but I can't get it to boot up into anything but the bootloader or the recovery screen.

The phone has already been replaced and won't have service, but I'd like to get it in somewhat functional condition, even if the screen has water splotches all over. Any suggestions?
  2. cpjr

cpjr New Member

It's toast dude, sorry
  3. felbel

felbel New Member

Did you try a bag of rice overnight? I'm sure it won't cure it, but it may help the water spots.
  4. tranz

tranz New Member

This problem is as old as cellphones and PalmPilots. The damage is pretty much done. By now you may well have done enough googling to have found that out.

I have a neat little Olympus camera that was made to get wet, and people like 'em and buy 'em. The solution is as simple as it is unlikely. Consumers need to demand and BUY better phones. There was an outfit called Nexus that had rugged phones, but I think Sprint swallowed them up. Instead of durable stuff we have disposable junk with monthly "insurance" fees. I'd sure like an option, but I've pretty much given up on the idea. At least I've got my Toughbook!
  5. droid2global

droid2global New Member

R.I.P. Pooor droid =(
  6. droid2global

droid2global New Member

ya that worked with my old phone the lg env touch
Search tags for this page
can the htc one x last after going through the washing machi
droid and washer

droid in washer

droid incredable 2 put through washing machine
droid2 went through wash