The Droid Really Failed Me Today

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Ridley, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Ridley

Ridley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm usually super happy with the Droid as a video camera,but like it did one time before, it totally locked up while trying to video something that can not be recreated and required battery removal to get it to reboot and of course the footage that was captured was lost forever. Pretty disapointed that the OTA didn't address these stability issues.

2. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I here you but i think you run the risk with lockups with any smartphone out there. They are all like computers, and just with computers lockups can happen an will happen. It is annoying when it happens but I think they just come with owning these "pocket computers"

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't know what caused it to happen, but have you reset your phone at all for the last few days? I usually do it every few days or so, I'll se it starting to slow up.

Not saying it's your fault, just that when you have so many things on such a small device, well, stuff can happen. Maybe you have an app that is causing it to crash. Smart phones are great but there isn't one out there that is perfect.