The Droid Pro is an ugly ugly phone..

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by MO3iusONE, Nov 20, 2010.

1. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

This phone is ugly. the screen should have been bigger, theres too much phone bezel, the battery cover is ugly, they should have used a soft touch type of paint. The Main 4 keys above the keyboard should have been physical buttons (I find myself accidently hitting them whether I'm playing a game in landscape mode.

With that being said, I love this phone!! lol. I even told the people at Best Buy when I purchased this phone "I know this phone is ugly, but its practical" Which is true. The keyboard in this form factor makes a whole hell of a difference. I dont like slideout keyboards..its a hassle to slide the keyboard out and the keys are too spaced apart.

I dont know about you guys but I was a big fan of the Treo 755p, Blackberry Curve/Tour, and the Palm Pre. I'm tired of people talking about touchscreens, how touchscreen keyboards are the future which is just bologna. I'd type like a mad man on my Treo and with enough practice, I'll be typing with such a quickness on this phone.

I'm jumping ship from Sprint so, I cant say I'm too happy with the Verizon prices and how I have to pay extra for some of the features I'd get for free on Sprint but all in all I"m happy, also the main reason I got this was since its both gsm/cdma. :icon_ banana:

Oh one more thing, this phone feels a hell of a lot snappier then the HTC Evo which I also used while on Sprint.

2. BubbaRob

BubbaRob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with you that it is very snappy and apps load very fast. I came from an original Droid rooted and running at 1ghz and also a Blackberry Tour and this phone smokes them both. Im hoping for some custom ROMs soon. I can't imagine how fast it could be without motoblur running and the bloatware removed.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

3. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats probably some of my favorite things about this phone, its almost as if they didn't care about looks and just went straight for performance. I mean even the boot time on this phone is waay faster then my Evo. Although I really do miss HTC's Sense UI but I'm really satisfied with this phone. Also, I just installed google voice and I'm loving this phone even more.

4. spydergirl

spydergirl Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ditto Ditto Ditto !! I don't necessarily think it's ugly, however, I agree that it's not some flashy, attractive piece of equipment. For me it's very practical, functional, and just about perfect. :)

5. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mayne ugly isn't the word im looking for..maybe I meant awkward lol I think its the screen how its narrow and tall compared to blackberrys where their practically square screens. I think that's what throws me off a bit..

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App