The Droid MOD Team Has a 100$ incentive for helping With DurdEn

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by WoZzY, Aug 16, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Win $100

Posted on August 15, 2010 by Camel
    Those of you who’ve been following Project Durden will already know that the only thing left to do before we release for the Droid is to fix auto-focus in the camera. This issue is something we’ve been aware of for quite some time, but is a nut we haven’t been able to crack thus far. This is truly the final piece of the Durden puzzle; once autofocus is fixed, we will change the version number and release the ROM, so we’d like to offer an incentive to get people involved with the project: We will send $100 to the first developer that can determine why auto-focus is not working, and come up with a solution.
    I hope that this will get people excited about not only Project Durden, but about Android and open source development in general. Working on this project has been very rewarding for me, and am thrilled that DroidMod has grown to the point where we can do something like this.
    If you have any questions, please visit us on the FreeNode IRC channel #droidmod, or drop one of us a line by email.

Posted in DroidMod | 1 Comment

I AM SORRY TO THE DROID MOD TEAM ON THE NEWS STORY EARLIER THIS WEEK I DID NOT HAVE A ACTUAL SOURCE WHEN I THOUGHT I DID IT WAS A SOURCE THAT WAS TELLING ME THAT THEY WERE PART OF THE DROID MOD DEV'S & APPARENTLY THEY WERE NOT AS I SEEN SGX & CAMEL POST ON HOW FALSE THE FACTS WERE..... I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED MY SOURCE BETTER BUT IN A FRANTIC TO BREAK THE STORY TO THE ANDROID COMMUNITY I RELEASED IT WITHOUT CHECKING MY SOURCE I AM SORRY DROID MOD FOLLOWERS & DROID MOD TEAM !!!!!

2. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    What is sticky with this to me is that all other source builds I've tried have had no issue with the auto-focus. I've built straight AOSP from google and it works fine, as well as CyanogenMod code. I know that CVPCS isn't having the issue either as the Sapphire ROM is running fine on my phone as we speak. I doubt much that its a setting, and think its more along the lines of something else in their source (maybe their nifty secret kernel) that's causing the problem. I myself don't do actual coding, so this is of course pure conjecture...but it would be nice to see a fix as everything else in the Durden Source seems to be running fine. I think I would even make the switch to a DM ROM if the camera was working right (at least switch for a while). I stay out of irc and lurk the many forums, but I'd be willing to bet someone in irc could help them out, be it Koush, CVPCS, etc.... There are a lot more source dev's out there now than there were six months ago when the DM team made the shift (ChevyNo1 and BD made the move a while ago as well). I just can't see needing the $100 reward as the dev's should really be helping each other out...but hey, some people need money more than I.