The Current State of Affairs...

chuck2995

Reaction score
Longtime OG Droid rooter, been off the mod scene for quite some time since I got my Droid Razr. I haven't really taken the plunge yet, as there aren't many ROMs available and there is still no complete recovery (last time I checked?). I heard rumors that when ICS is officially released, a complete root and recovery will be possible, along with a stock ICS ROM. Is this still true? What do the next couple of weeks hold? Months?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Few months? I don't think so. They are in the evaluation stage which screams 3rd quarter.

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
Longtime OG Droid rooter, been off the mod scene for quite some time since I got my Droid Razr. I haven't really taken the plunge yet, as there aren't many ROMs available and there is still no complete recovery (last time I checked?). I heard rumors that when ICS is officially released, a complete root and recovery will be possible, along with a stock ICS ROM. Is this still true? What do the next couple of weeks hold? Months?

There's a group of devs (DroidTh3ory, Dhacker and Hashcode) that's doing amazing work right now and pumping out almost daily updates (ICS on the razr). Look into the AXIOM AOKP ROM's from DroidTh3ory. There are currently two types of recovery available for it, Safestrap and Bootstrap. I'm running AB4 currently and its amazing. ICS from moto won't be here for a long long time. Dhacker also has a version of cm9 based ICS. Head over to droidhive.com to learn more about em.