The Complete Jellybean Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by GigaJake, Mar 13, 2013.

1. sikassdrummer

sikassdrummer Member

Ratings:
    +1
    please tell me how and throw in a link and better directions ive saved battery saver and hit enter and nothing if you know the way ill bow down ! thank you :hail:

2. themib

themib Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid 4 (XT894)
    all you photos may not be on you sd card, you may have some on the internal card, but if you wipe data from recovery neither should be touched, if you do a factory data reset from system settings>Privacy it will wipe internal with option to wipe sd card

3. ltlldy20

ltlldy20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SnglGrma or anyone else that would like to help I would appreciate it,
    I did the FDR I have two questions. I'm back to factory settings and under the privacy settings there is a place to check mark automatic restore. It says when reinstalling an app restore backed up settings and data? I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD CHECK MARK THIS OR NOT? DO I WANT THE APPS TO REINSTALL THEIR BACKED UP SETTINGS? I'M MOST CONFUSED ABOUT THIS. PLEASE HELP AS I NEED TO START REINSTALLING MY APPS IN 24HR if that's ok..I know you said some of the apps are not compatible with JB so if I reinstalled them with their old settings I'm assuming this will be a problem? Of course I'm assuming if I didn't back things up properly I will lose info I have stored in some apps.. The most important being a symptom journal I was keeping, but other then that not a lot stored in any apps.

My second stupid question and I always have more trouble with things that are very simple you said I could put my pics back on the phone. What's the easiest way to do that? I have them all backed up on Dropbox and to my computer. What's the easiest way to put just the pics I want back on the phone? Just download them back on from Dropbox or something like that?

But Please let me know if I should check or not check that box about restoring apps to their backed up settings... Thanks so much for all of your help. I will let you know how it goes in the next few weeks hopefully this will speed up my phone.. It was bad Sooo slow. I still wish I could get ICS back simply for their gallery I miss it so much. It was more valuable to me then getting google now at this point in my life... I can't work because of my late stage Lyme disease and google now is for people that still have a life. I just enjoyed messing with my pics and the new JB gallery IMO is an unorganized mess. We lost several functions from the ICS gallery. I wish they would at least compromise a little and bring some of what it was like back.

Lastly if I decided to learn how to root my phone could I get ICS back that way?
    Thanks take care and don't take a minute for granted if you have your health you have everything... you have choices. When you become very ill every choice you have is taken away. The only thing to hold into is hope and that gets very difficult at times... Take care!

4. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It lady,
    Leaving those items checked coming back from the factory rest is a matter of your personal choice. I personally do not back anything up except to Google when I input my gmail account back on my phone. I also use motocast and google drive. But those two I use only to get my files to my computer on a nightly basis, then I delete them off my phone with the exception of a few photos that I keep updated.

The reason I told you to move everything you want saved off your phone manually, was because I wanted to give you a clean slate just in case something happened to your phone and the factory reset did not work or you had a virus on your phone or the old apps were causing some of your issues and you could not get your photos and documents afterwards.

Whether you want verizon, drop box, google or motocast to backup you stuff now you are back up is a matter of your choice. It does not matter.

Right now, you should not have any backed up files from before the reset on your phone from old apps. So when you install apps again it will be backing up new files not files from before the reset.

The second part of your question about rooting...I can't answer for you sorry.

5. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It lady,
    I do all my moving to and from the phone by usb cable when I reset my phone, because I keep my photos in a certain folder.
    But once you reinstall drop box, your photos etc should show up on the phone in that app. But remember once you start taking more photos with your phone they will be put into a default folder. I don't use drop box so I don't know if you can move them off the app onto the phone, but leaving them in drop box won't hurt anything and it will give you access to them in two places.

Now with the JB Gallery: I have found that as long as I keep all my photos in one folder, whether on my phone or sd card (which is what I prefer) the gallery is a little less messy.

6. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    No, you can not go back to ICS, root can not help you with this.

7. silverfang77

silverfang77 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +76
    Has anyone found a way to keep the camera flash set to disabled? Each time I start the camera app, it is enabled by default.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

8. jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't seem to have any issued turning the flash off. Just tried and it stayed off even through a reboot.

9. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have not ever noticed that, but I just checked and I don't have the problem either. Maybe something you have installed (camera app, instagram, etc) has control over it?

10. silverfang77

silverfang77 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +76
    Really? That's weird. I don't have Instagram. Maybe I'll have to do an FDR and see if that solves the problem.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

11. DmdStar

DmdStar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, we do. RAZR Blade works perfectly with the D4.

12. themib

themib Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid 4 (XT894)
    Razr blade root worked for me, and likely thousands of other droid 4 users by now.

Search tags for this page

98.72.18.en.us update on rooted droid4

bionic jelly bean sbf

bionic jelly bean update failed (/system/bin/logwrapper,f39f

droid 4 jelly bean thread

droid 4 shift key
jelly bean for droid 2 global
motorola jb sbf file
unfortunately motorola services has stopped
xt894 roll back to 2.3.6
xt894 root 4.1.2