The Complete Jellybean Thread

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Of course I am sure...are you using "Google Now"? Look in your app draw and press the blue "Google" icon right by "Gmail". Once activated you can use the "Google Now" widget.

djstinso

Reaction score
Thanks for the help so far! One last question. I rooted using the Razr Knife utility. In the utility it says you have to activate the smart actions battery saver. Is this like a tethered exploit? Now that I am rooted does that have to stay on in order to exploit root at every reboot or is it finished and I can turn off that smart action? Thanks again for everyone's help.

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Nope, once the phone is rooted, you can turn off battery saver.

djstinso

Reaction score
Sorry, which enter key is not working?
My bad didn't mean to throw you.. The enter key on my pc.. you answered my question perfect. Just couldn't format my response as I had wished. Thanks!

CheshireDragon

Reaction score
Of course I am sure...are you using "Google Now"? Look in your app draw and press the blue "Google" icon right by "Gmail". Once activated you can use the "Google Now" widget.

Hmmm, doesn't work on my XT894. I can activate and it just brings up a location settings card, but no widget.
My XT926 shows a widget, but when I put the widget on the desktop it says there are no cards. Not too concerned about the 926 as it has 'Circles' widget that has the weather. It's the 894 that I have no weather app except the Weather Channel one I downloaded.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Might need to check your settings and opt in to show weather and other cards.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Mr_Wolf

Reaction score
Why don't you try AccuWeather from Play Store? I think it's worth it.

CheshireDragon

Reaction score
Might need to check your settings and opt in to show weather and other cards.

I did opt and checked the device settings. I am sure a factory reset will do it, but as many times as I have in the past week it's just too much trouble at this point. Thank you for your assistance though! :)

Why don't you try AccuWeather from Play Store? I think it's worth it.

I just did and I like. Thank you for the suggestion.
Don't like that the widget is a 4x2, but I'll get over it.