The Complete Jellybean Thread

matchgame90

Reaction score
I found that uninstalling the updates to Google Chrome (It appears Jelly Bean won't allow you to uninstall Chrome completely - that is, unless you disable it yourself, of course) fixes the issue. Weird, huh?

mattjenn

Reaction score
I found that uninstalling the updates to Google Chrome (It appears Jelly Bean won't allow you to uninstall Chrome completely - that is, unless you disable it yourself, of course) fixes the issue. Weird, huh?

That is totally wild I disabled chrome and I have not had any keyboard issues in several hours so far. I would have never guessed that in a million years

concepttheman

Reaction score
and i got the official (use verizon hotspot free) also i made a thread check it out...:icon_ banana:

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
FWIW, I was able to Fastboot back to ICS 4.0.4 even though the Jelly Bean update was near completion when my phone died. I had to build a TBH cable to do it.

dancedroid

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
yes should be doable, if AP fastboot is still version 0A.74 (like your phone was)
and has not been updated to 0A.77

djstinso

Reaction score
So, i feel like dinosaur, but my phone is rooted with the old motofail. It is the only thing i did to this phone. Should i take all the same steps as everyone that has used newer versions like safestrap for root, or can i just do the a factory reset clear my cache and do the ota??

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
So, i feel like dinosaur, but my phone is rooted with the old motofail. It is the only thing i did to this phone. Should i take all the same steps as everyone that has used newer versions like safestrap for root, or can i just do the a factory reset clear my cache and do the ota??

if you did not remove any stock apps, or install safestrap you should be able to install update without flashing xml fastboot file

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

If all you did was root you can just install the OTA and you'll be fine (except for losing root). You could use OTA Rootkeeper to backup root then after the OTA update installs run OTA Rootkeeper to restore root.

Root and freezing apps does NOT affect the OTA installing successfully. Deleting/replacing apps, installing Safestrap, etc... DOES affect the successful install of the OTA and it will fail.

Jishkah

Reaction score
I recently installed the Jellybean update on a rooted Droid 4 - however, I forgot to perform an OTA root-keep. So... now, I have a useless Superuser app installed on my phone.

Anyway, would it be at all possible to root my phone using the Razrblade rooting method and, once done, uninstalling the SuperSU application and relying solely on Superuser?

Basically, I want root access, but I want to use Superuser, not SuperSU. Is that possible?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Should be fine, just root and delete the superuser type you don't want. It should be in system/apps.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

silverfang77

Reaction score
Superuser doesn't work anymore, only SuperSU. I also have a useless Superuser app in my drawer even though I deleted superuser.apk from my system/app folder. Weird, huh?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

satan

Reaction score
If all you did was root you can just install the OTA and you'll be fine (except for losing root). You could use OTA Rootkeeper to backup root then after the OTA update installs run OTA Rootkeeper to restore root.

Root and freezing apps does NOT affect the OTA installing successfully. Deleting/replacing apps, installing Safestrap, etc... DOES affect the successful install of the OTA and it will fail.

clearly I am a moron, because this happened to me. I forgot that I deleted some apps (and frankly didn't know it would cause the update to fail) - now the update is stuck at the boot animation screen.

is there anything I can do or did I just brick this thing?

thanks