The complete how-to

D3C4F

Reaction score
Ok I made it through the command prompt and it didn't come up with "SirPsycho..." or whatever, it just had the the normal exclamation point in a triangle. Did it work or not? I'm not really sure what I did to make the command prompt work and I'm attempting it again right now and it's saying "Permission Denied." A response on this question would be helpful. Sooner than later since I've been working on this for hours.......... I refuse to give up.

THIS IS F***ING RIDICULOUS! Like are you kidding me with this BS? No matter what I do "Permission is Denied." I even typed something random and it worked. Here's what I typed "dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_imave"

guess what... that worked. but image doesnt?!

UM HELP. I'm literally about to murder someone.

OP
natediddy1120

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I made it through the command prompt and it didn't come up with "SirPsycho..." or whatever, it just had the the normal exclamation point in a triangle. Did it work or not? I'm not really sure what I did to make the command prompt work and I'm attempting it again right now and it's saying "Permission Denied." A response on this question would be helpful. Sooner than later since I've been working on this for hours.......... I refuse to give up.

THIS IS F***ING RIDICULOUS! Like are you kidding me with this BS? No matter what I do "Permission is Denied." I even typed something random and it worked. Here's what I typed "dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_imave"

Hey man, obviously, your sdk is not properly set up somewhere. Are you pointing towards your /tools directory when you type these commands?

You might need to cd to your tools directory manually from command prompt. This would be

cd C:\path\to\tools

I *think* thats right....it has honestly been a while since I have used Windows...

D3C4F

Reaction score

Hey man, obviously, your sdk is not properly set up somewhere. Are you pointing towards your /tools directory when you type these commands?

You might need to cd to your tools directory manually from command prompt. This would be

cd C:\path\to\tools

I *think* thats right....it has honestly been a while since I have used Windows...

Hey look sorry for freaking out like that I was just frustrated, your guide is really great and comprehensive I'm just new at this and I shouldn't have taken it out on anyone here.

I am still having a slight problem though...

Alright I have it set to the "tools" directory ( c:\android-sdk-windows\tools )...

It's still giving me "cannot open for read : Permission denied"
Edit: Now I'm getting "cannot open for write: Permission denied"
I know for a fact that I'm rooted; I have SuperUser up and running, and I've rooted before when the 2.0.1 leak came out. So I know I have a rooted device... I just can't figure out what the problem is.

Last edited:

D3C4F

Reaction score
OMG I GOT IT! Thanks man... really. Again, sorry for freaking out like I did.

D3C4F

Reaction score
One last thing... upon pressing "x + power" I don't get the SPRecovery Boot Up anymore. I think it's booting to the back up.. How do I get this to go back to SPRecovery?

ntimid8r

Reaction score
Well I was hoping to root my Droid just now. I've spent all morning doing research on "how to" but will have to wait.:icon_cussing: Can't get the update.zip file via http://rootyourdroid.info/files/update.zip?!?! Their website is down or whatever because when I click on the link I found from this site....it comes up "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded". :rolleyes: I've googled it but don't trust unknown sources or worry it's a virus hack or something.

Does anyone know if the link location is normally good....just not today, for me?? Or if someone has a trusted link to the same update.zip file.....:icon_cool:

haproot

Reaction score
Trying to get the files from rootyourdroid.info. I can't navigate anywhere on that site it just says account suspended.

doktabl4ck

Reaction score
I posted this thread a few days ago and have gotten no replies back as to what I should do. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this issue?:

I rooted my droid a few weeks back, but never got the superuser permissions like the guide said I would. So I used the nandroid back up I created to go back to stock then did a factory reset again in stock to be sure I was back at the "out of the box" OS. Well I went to re-root my droid again, but when I went to install the update.zip I got and am still getting the error that "No such file/directory exists on /sdcard Install aborted." I have already tried to the guide root to unroot and I still get the same error. I even tried using and flashing back to 2.0.1 and re-rooting that way and it failed as well. I also went back to 2.0.1 then updated to 2.1 and tried to re-flash this way, and still I get the same error. It seems there might be a problem with the SD card taking all the information and holding. There were quite a few times after moving the right files over to my SD card that I received an error on my computer stating that most of the files were lost in the transfer :icon_evil:. When this happened I uninstalled the driver software I had for the phone for each time I did an OS flash to remedy this issue :). With all this said is there any way for me to go back to that "out of the box OS" and root without getting this error. I spoke with a guy here at work and he mentioned something about blowing the old OS back on to the phone. Whether he was talking about flashing or whatever. I NEED ME SOME HELP! I would like to overclock my cpu and maybe add a custom rom but this is really hindering my process. I would really appreciate the assistance.

I would also like to mention that I have not gotten this icon after experiencing this problem: /!\ So my phone completely skipped the volume and camera button steps in any guide.

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Hey, I'm on a mac, and when I click the link for Download Android SDK, a blank page is all that comes up (see attached screenshot)

What do I do now?

Last edited:

Evare

Reaction score
Would this particular guide still work if you had 2.2?