[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kc, does the bootloader look normal? I mean it doesn't say code corrupt or anything? I wonder why rsd isn't seeing the phone? Yeah, I wiped after each step (from froyo to the gb leak and then from the gb leak to cm7) I also always mount system too before each install.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Kc, does the bootloader look normal? I mean it doesn't say code corrupt or anything? I wonder why rsd isn't seeing the phone? Yeah, I wiped after each step (from froyo to the gb leak and then from the gb leak to cm7) I also always mount system too before each install.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

The bootloader looks fine actually:
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Hopefully this Linux bootdisc method will work. I tried doing it from Ubuntu, but I jacked up the DL and MegaUpload won't let me DL again.

Last edited:

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
ok i gotta try this, i have the tbh app (just downloaded it and never used it) but i have a few questions if you guys would care to help me on it. im on cm7 nightly #52 right now, do i have to flash back to stock froyo then the leaked gingerbread, then to cm7gb or can i go directly to leaked gb then cm7gb. and using the tbh app is there any special steps i have to do to flash the roms from the tbh app, or can i just go into recovery and flash em just like any other rom, without any connection to my laptop.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ok i gotta try this, i have the tbh app (just downloaded it and never used it) but i have a few questions if you guys would care to help me on it. im on cm7 nightly #52 right now, do i have to flash back to stock froyo then the leaked gingerbread, then to cm7gb or can i go directly to leaked gb then cm7gb. and using the tbh app is there any special steps i have to do to flash the roms from the tbh app, or can i just go into recovery and flash em just like any other rom, without any connection to my laptop.

-Wipe data/factory reset
-Flash GB leak
-Boot it and activate the new baseband
-Boot back to recovery
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Flash this ROM

I had to boot into the GB leak first, when I did it all at once in the same recovery session, I got stuck on the M logo.

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help man I was reading on the thb app that you had to be on the official 2.3.2 firmware which kinda had me worried that the phone needed to be completely stock before flashing the leaked gb
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you back JBoxen. Keep up the good work.

random rom'd X

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
downloading cm7gb right now, anybody had any issues restoring their apps or anything not working so far?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What do you mean by restoring the apps? With titanium or just getting them form the market? Or some third option perhaps?

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Finally got RSD to see my phone. Got SBF flasshed. It's rebooting as i type.................. there's the stock boot ani.................. weird bootloop at stock boot.... pulling battery............. now it's boot looping in the stock boot animation.

++++++

okay so I can now get into stock recovery. Doing a factory data reset and see where we get. updates surely will follow.

Last edited:

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
thats good, i havent been on gb at all yet, so i dont know much about it.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Factory reset from stock recovery complete...... SUCK-CESS Motorola! I see a droid!

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
like someone else said dont try to install the gb monster file and install cm7gb all at one time.. had me stuck on the M logo, had to sbf and do it all over again. on a side note we can flash all roms the same as the non-gb cm7 right?

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Now I'm having issues with z4root! what a day....... I feel like Charlie Brown, "Good grief." :\

+++

Rebooted, ran z4 again. Now I have root. I can't wait to see this new CM7GB4D2, for all the hassle i put myself through to use it.

+++++
10:21a - CM7GB is on, installing Gapps now. can't wait to get everything restored!

I'm very inmpressed with how fast it boots!

Last edited: