The charge

kramer56

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the new samsung charge? if so is it good or bad? Battery life good? Fast or slow processor? I am due for an upgrade and have a HTC incredible but thinking about the charge since I love my wifes fascinate. I want speed and battery life and the email widget to work with yahoo, is that too much to ask lol. Any info is appreciated!!!!:reddroid:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It has a nice screen with vibrant colors and better battery life than the thunderbolt. The TB has more ram than the charge, but both are clocked at 1ghz. Its a nice phone but the build quality of Samsung phones has always seemed a little flimsy to me.

tappin and a talkin

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
I like my incredible, speed and user but the damn battery if htc is way below standard if you ask me. I mean cmon they all run the same stuff

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

diverbelow

Reaction score
I have the DC and I switched launchers and my battery life has improved. One thing to NOTE: if you are not in a 3G area, I would highly recommend switching the data network to CDMA. If you don't then the phone will search for the 4G signal and battery drain is quicker.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you root the Charge and add voodoo lagfix (like the fascinate) you can speed up the processor some. The internals in Charge are very similar to the fascinate. Both use an old rfs file system for its 1ghz processor. Most other new processors use ext 4 (new snapdragon) which will make them a tad bit faster than the Charge. The Charge isn't slow by any means but it may be closer to your inc1 in speed than say inc2 or droid x1.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must add though that a lot of people say they like the Charge and that it is a dependable device. Also hdmi mirroring rocks!

Sent from my fascinate

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
I must add though that a lot of people say they like the Charge and that it is a dependable device. Also hdmi mirroring rocks!

Sent from my fascinate

How do you like the rooted fascinate? what the main differences by rooted that one?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The rooted fascinate is pretty sweet. It is made a bit faster or "lagless" by rooting. The development community isn't big but there are some decent roms, mods and themes. A couple things though, the available memory is a bit low on the fascinate and charge but isn't too much of an issue. It would be nice to have more ram. Also the GPS just plain sucks in the fascinate, and I haven't been able to fix it on mine. I am always toggling gps on and off to get it to lock on mine.

If it is between the Charge and Fascinate I would say get the Charge...if the price isn't an issue. The Charge is like a bigger better fascinate with 4g. But I would check to see if gps works on it first.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
I still have no idea which rom to load onto my incredible, i rooted it and have asked but not really any one helping with my decision. I have heard of pretty cool ones but cool just dont make a decision lol. looking for battery speed and ease of use mainly. Once i do it I most likely won't upgrade.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Just load the first took you find if you right like it try another so and so on until you like one, that is the whole purpose of romming

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
can it all be done thru rom manager on the phone or does it involve laptop or pc. where can I go to see the roms and the features tho.

And will it allow me to receive and send pic and vid messages, cuz right now I could just smash the dang thing, the wifes fascinate is doing the same, phone or network?

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea roms and kernels run differently from device to device even if people have the same device. I don't know much about the roms on the inc.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.theincrediblelist.com/

For the fascinate...evil fascination 3.6 or com rom 2 with otb 1.3 kernel are good roms and kernels. Rooting fascinate has some risks so do research. Check out fascinate development on xda forums or here for info.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
K

kramer56

Reaction score
The Incredible List

For the fascinate...evil fascination 3.6 or com rom 2 with otb 1.3 kernel are good roms and kernels. Rooting fascinate has some risks so do research. Check out fascinate development on xda forums or here for info.

Sent from my fascinate

wow how the hell do i choose lol, do i have to do a kernal thingy too