The Camera SUCKS...

cklepinger

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to make this camera be any better in terms of pic quality?
I came from a blackberry storm2 and it had a 3.2 the blew this camera away.... please tell me there is an app worth buying that takes good pics?

I mean the file size for 5MP pics should be well over 1.5 MB and they are under 800K

I use my camera ALL THE TIME... so its kind of essential I get this thing clicking...

I looked through the apps but don't want to buy anything and it be crap too..

Thanks..

OP
C

cklepinger

Reaction score
yes i know you can manipulate the pics with this software, but does it improve the grainy crappy pics that the droid takes?

MontyMo

Reaction score
I new that camera was "less than ideal" when I bought my Droid. I think it is the weakest part of the phone. That said, I still am VERY happy with the Droid
Monty

OP
C

cklepinger

Reaction score
I love the droid too, I am not a major photographer by any means, but I do a lot of sailing and it would be nice to take higher quality bigger file sized pictures on the fly... I thought the droid just sucked in the sense of pics with low light, but I took some pics today in a bright setting and they still sucked.. ha.. I will download this program and give it a try...

ShowTime

Reaction score
I new that camera was "less than ideal" when I bought my Droid. I think it is the weakest part of the phone. That said, I still am VERY happy with the Droid
Monty

It's a cameraphone. It takes better pics than any other cameraphone I've had. I'm not expecting anything beyond mediocre pics at best because, again, it's a cameraphone. There's a reason I have a digital camera...

OP
C

cklepinger

Reaction score
Thats no excuse.. I have a 3.2 MP storm 2 sitting here that looks better then most digital cameras...

I dont want to carry around a camera for on the fly things that I'm working on that I need to snap a pic of... I archive every picture I take, and it would just me nice if it lived up to its 5MP name.. thats all..

OP
C

cklepinger

Reaction score
Monty

It's a cameraphone. It takes better pics than any other cameraphone I've had. I'm not expecting anything beyond mediocre pics at best because, again, it's a cameraphone. There's a reason I have a digital camera...

It is not a camera phone... its a smart phone with a camera...

jimnutt

Reaction score
Huh. I've been very happy with the pictures the camera takes. Do you have the picture quality set to Superfine and the Picture Size to 5M Pixels? I don't know what the defaults are, but that would make a difference. My pictures typically take up more than 1Mb of space. Sure, the low light quality isn't great, but no cameraphone has decent low light capability (not enough room for a big enough sensor).

Ziffy

Reaction score
I would be more interested in knowing why when I turn the camera vertically, it doesn't take 5mp shots! Also, I notice sometimes when I take a picture, even though I never changed my settings, the pictures aren't 5mp.

This seems to be a programming issue which I hope they fix in 2.1.

One more thing I would love to know, if anybody else is using the BodyGlove case, do you have an issue with the case impeding with the pictures? Meaning...when I take a picture, I have to be sure to move or remove the clip in the back so it doesn't show an imperfection in the corner of the picture. One other issue is if I am using the flash...the case is constructed in a way that it creates a fuzzy glare on the picture because the flash is reflected off the case.

Anyone??

Z

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would be more interested in knowing why when I turn the camera vertically, it doesn't take 5mp shots! Also, I notice sometimes when I take a picture, even though I never changed my settings, the pictures aren't 5mp.

One more thing I would love to know, if anybody else is using the BodyGlove case, do you have an issue with the case impeding with the pictures? Meaning...when I take a picture, I have to be sure to move or remove the clip in the back so it doesn't show an imperfection in the corner of the picture. One other issue is if I am using the flash...the case is constructed in a way that it creates a fuzzy glare on the picture because the flash is reflected off the case.

Anyone??

Z

Are you using Pro Zoom Camera 5X from the market?

Ziffy

Reaction score
No, I don't use any camera apps on the phone. I would think the camera should function correctly on its own. Shouldn't it? At least take a 5mp picture if I set it to 5mp. I don't think I'm asking too much...just for it to do what it says it is going to do.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, I don't use any camera apps on the phone. I would think the camera should function correctly on its own. Shouldn't it? At least take a 5mp picture if I set it to 5mp. I don't think I'm asking too much...just for it to do what it says it is going to do.

I thought you were looking for a solution. Sorry. I totally misunderstood.

bllarkin

Reaction score

Anyone??

Z

What do you mean it doesn't take 5 MP pictures? Like the resolution is lower? Can you give us an example of the resolution of a 5 MP vs. non-5 MP picture?