The buttons at the bottom.

chimera

Reaction score
I think that the lighting for the buttons at the bottom of the phone are controlled by a light sensor on the phone right? Is there any way to have the lights on automatically whenever the phone screen is on? My idea of "sufficent light" and the phone sensors idea of "sufficent light" seem to be very different things.

Thanks.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Hope to get and answer to this too because mien are constantly turning on and off and it is a real PIA

Chris

cargirl666

Reaction score
I think that the lighting for the buttons at the bottom of the phone are controlled by a light sensor on the phone right? Is there any way to have the lights on automatically whenever the phone screen is on? My idea of "sufficent light" and the phone sensors idea of "sufficent light" seem to be very different things.

Thanks.
I am looking for an official answer, but in the meantime I discovered this:
They do work by light/dark sensing
They also come on if you press (and hold for a couple of seconds) your finger on the top left corner of the phone(the black border of the face, just above the touchscreen) They don't stay on long, but if you are holding your phone in your left hand, it is very easy to keep your thumb in that position.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Correct, the buttons are lit up depending on the light sensor. However, I know some light sensors can be quite buggy.

There isn't any type of calibration, at least I don't know what it is, that can be done.

However, the light sensor seems to be quite accurate to me. In fact, it may even be too sensitive to me, I wish at times the lights would turn off, especially when i'm watching videos.