The bionic community is dwindling...

dlcramer

Reaction score
I just got this phone in late February and it's my first smartphone. I had my last phone for nearly 4 years so the only thing that might get me to buy a new phone is when my upgrade comes on October of 2013 and there is something that I really want or when my contract runs out in early 2014. Chances are I will have this phone until my contract runs out, unless I win some contest for a newer phone or something. So far so good with everything on this phone haven't had any issues what so ever. Hopefully we see ICS OTA soon and we make the list on Motorola's UNLOCKED bootloader device page once they add more names to it.

Besides that I am very happy with my Bionic.

I doubt Verizon will let any of their models make the boot loader device page.:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

reebz

Reaction score
I got mine on launch day and am still quite pleased with it. running ICS .2233, ss'd with JB alpha on safe side. It does all I ask it to do. I've never had any problems with it.

les017

Reaction score
I'm just stock rooted since launch week and I am very happy with the Bionic. Sure there are a few minor issues but they mostly seem to get cleaned up with ICS. I can't see myself spending the money or bother to do anything for at least the next year.

ruinah

Reaction score
once I went to .232 I honestly think all of my problems have been solved. Everything is fluid, fast. The lapdock is what i have always wanted it to be. If moto pushes an OTA soon, I think I might even stay on .232. It's that good and my phone is as fast as any others I have seen. I was fed up with this release schedule but decided to try to take the plunge first and see where it got me before deciding if I needed to switch to another phone. At this point, there is no need.

guitarskoota

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. I will have it for quite a while I'm sure. Between the extended battery, ICS coming, and just being fast as heck, I don't see what more a newer phone could offer me besides JB which I could care less about, and it seems like for every good thing you gain on a newer phone, you get more bad things and bugs to put up with. I figure by the end of 2013 they will have phones out that blow the bionic away and then maybe it will be worth upgrading.

But my biggest thing is that I am on unlimited data, and I cannot renew my contract with Verizon and keep my unlimited data without switching to family shared plan, so my next phone will have to be purchased/won outright. Due to lack of cash, Bionic it will be for a while, but I don't mind.

BKiv

Reaction score
Not losing me. I bought this phone just before VZW was going to do away with the unlimited data. So no upgrading here.

Anomander

Reaction score
I'm keeping mine until my two years are up (got mine shortly after it came out). I'm stock and just waiting for ICS, but even as it is the phone has been just fine. I'll be curious to see what the phone landscape looks like when I get to upgrade late next spring. The bigger question is what the phone plans are going to be like and how the data plans look.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
My journey with my Bionic started a little rough. But the data drops cleared up and then I upgraded to .238 and have been very happy ever since. I am not actively looking for a phone. I know being a tech geek, something will get me in the future but for now I am happy.

Faintestidea

Reaction score
I bought mine a few days after verizon announced the discontinue of the bionic. I am super glad i got mine before they disappeared, i love this phone

hppcv97

Reaction score
I plan on keeping this phone for a while.. I've had a D2 for the last 2 years, and was dreading upgrading & losing my unlimited data until I was GIVEN a perfect Bionic. Currently running the .232 leak & as I type, my extended battery is at 16 hrs & is at 40%. With the removable battery and relatively cheap accessories (since they're all on clearance at VZ). I see no need to change for a long time.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:
You are a true bionic patriot. You make me proud to be a fellow bionic owner. Happy bionicing!

I have had mine since release day an love it i also have the razr an droid 4 an the bionic is still my daily use lmao i havent touched the other 2 in forever they still have the first ics leaks on them thats how long they have been collecting dust

Ashikoman23

Reaction score
Took my bionic to the beach, not only loving the lapdock, but my brother is using my foxfi because 4g kills the hotels wifi