The Best Way To get Froyo On X for all of us Noob's

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I would like to State this now I take no credit for this guide < I do take credit with sharing this with all of you here @ droid forums this guide was posted over @ droidXForums .....

This was the easiest way to get froyo on The droid X As I did this with my Buddy's Droid X Really easy follow all the steps & you should be fine

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Motorola Gets PWNED

Download Links:

Here is a link to the Easy root Website to get the easy root app to root your phone this is the link you need the barcode scanner app through the marketplace to scan the QR code off the website!!!!!!

Unstable Apps - Mobile apps for a mobile world

I suggest to donate as they did hard work to be able to bring a easy app like this to all of us noob's out there

CREDIT GOES TO THE BEAVERTOWNKID for this great Guide enjoy guys

TheBeavertownKid
user-offline.png

X Operative
red.png

blue.png

silver.png

Achievements:
spheres_grape_16.png
spheres_amber_16.png
calendar_newred_31_16.png
calendar_newred_7_16.png
spheres_clouds_16.png
Member # 270
Join Date Jul 2010
Location Beaverton
Posts 216
Thanks 0

FROYO 2.2 NOW AVAILABLE VIA ClockworkMod 2.0.2.4!

Thanks Koush for your excellent work in creating such a program!!

(THIS IS MY WRITE UP. CREDIT IS GIVEN TO THOSE WHERE NEEDED.)

Step 1. Make sure you have a fully stock 2.1 Droid X (This means NO THEMES, NO BLOATWARE REMOVED,Etc.). If your phone is running completely stock 2.1 but IS ROOTED already you may skip to Step 3.

Step 2. Download Easy Root to Root your X or go HERE (Thanks B16 for the post and Rainabba for the write up) to Root your X and reboot your phone to obtain SU Permissions.

Step 3. Download Bootstrap by Koush in the Market. Once installed press the top option only as you dont need to reboot into recovery right now.

Step 4. Download the latest ClockworkMod Recovery via Market search for "ROM Manager" or Click HERE FROM YOUR PHONE iF using Tapatalk or Browser.

Step 5. Open Rom Manager (Find in App Drawer) and press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top (first option) and select "Droid X" and wait for it to download THEN allow su permission.

Step 6. Select "Download rom" then "Stock Images" then "Verizon Droid X 2.2"

Step 7. Allow to download (Pull down status bar to view the status and progress BUT TO NOT CLICK CLEAR OR YOU WILL HAVE TO RESTART THE DOWNLOAD). Once finished BE SURE TO HAVE GREEN CHECKS NEXT TO Backup AND Wipe Data (SOME USERS HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED WITHOUT WIPING OR BACKING UP BUT IT IS RECOMMENDED FOR A NEW CLEAN INSTALL) and click OK.

Step 8. Wait for phone to reboot into recovery and backup and install. BE SURE TO HAVE ENOUGH BATTERY OR HAVE PHONE PLUGGED IN TO POWER OR PHONE WILL SHUT OFF DURING INSTALL AND YOU WILL BRICK AND HAVE TO GO HERE TO UNBRICK YOUR DROID X (Thanks xLiveWire7x for the write up) AND RESTART THE PROCESS.

Step 9. After you are running 2.2 Froyo you should install Bootstrap again and just press the first option to avoid having to do a battery pull every time you reboot and get stuck at the Motorola splash screen. (Thanks falerus for the heads up)

Step 10. Setup phone to preferences and enjoy!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk​

Last edited by TheBeavertownKid; 08-22-2010 at 01:00 AM.

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Motorola GETS PWNED

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
no problem man like I said it was really easy to do I did it on my buddy's droid X I could have done it the hard way buy why work harder when you can work smarter lol I cant wait to get my droid x now

hacku

Reaction score
Here is a link to the Easy root Website to get the easy root app to root your phone this is the link you need the barcode scanner app through the marketplace to scan the QR code off the website!!!!!!

http://www.unstableapps.com/I suggest to donate as they did hard work to be able to bring a easy app like this to all of us noob's out there

Donate because of their hard work for this app? lmao

I'm pretty sure they stole the code from DroidMod, made their own app and then sold it for a profit. Why do you think it's not in the Market anymore?

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
actually if you look in some of my posts through the droid mod rom forums for droid custom rom's I did report that they stole & I was corrected my one of the droid Mod dev's what is free dude & yes They did do hard work on it as they took the droid mods source Code & intergreated there own code so that app can root droid 1,droid x,droid incredible ,Android evo & more devices to come soon enough

& camel a droid mod dev went on to say that there were critical flaws in there source code & 1 click root fixed them/patched them to make a working app so yeah they did work hard

hacku

Reaction score
actually if you look in some of my posts through the droid mod rom forums for droid custom rom's I did report that they stole & I was corrected my one of the droid Mod dev's what is free dude & yes They did do hard work on it as they took the droid mods source Code & intergreated there own code so that app can root droid 1,droid x,droid incredible ,Android evo & more devices to come soon enough

& camel a droid mod dev went on to say that there were critical flaws in there source code & 1 click root fixed them/patched them to make a working app so yeah they did work hard

That DOES NOT change the fact that they stole the source code and did not give credit where credit was due. That is the reason their app was taken off the Market and is still not available in the market. :icon_evil:

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Bro the reason why it was pulled was Motorola Complained to google & Google flagged it as a app that broke a rule of the market so bro again

I was in contact with camel a droid mod dev it is open source you cant steal open source the creators of droid mod did not complain at all it is to my knowledge the creators of 1 click root added to the Git/open source code project that helped it advance so they did contribute in building it it plus the android community is a network of people that share info

chikibabe

Reaction score
hello, i'm stuck at step 7..the ROM has been downloaded, and i've checked both boxes for reboot and recovery..it goes into the Clockworkmod recovery 2.5.x.x screen with the 5 or 6 selections..and i can't seem to do anything else???

BOA

Reaction score
Is the 2.2 on RM the same leaked one for the DX? I currently have 2.2 but was wondering if I could install over it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is the 2.2 on RM the same leaked one for the DX? I currently have 2.2 but was wondering if I could install over it.

yes. why would you want a different leaked 2.2?

BOA

Reaction score
Been having some minor issues and wanted to try another one just to see if things run better. I read not to run the newer ...22D version but wanted to be sure there weren't multiple versions out there that I may have missed.