The best RSS Reader!

samiusmc

Reaction score
I don't know what RSS reader most people use, but I have tried them all. Having done so, I always come back to NewsRob. It has the best UI and features. It is also the only Android-based RSS reader that truly syncs with the Google Reader. Here is a review featured today on Android Tapp:

NewsRob Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews

If you know of a better RSS reader, please share.

papy72

Reaction score
I tried Newsrob and didn't like it. It didn't seem to stay in sync with Google at all.

Personally, I just use good old Google Reader on the web. It's simple to use with the phone and shows me my whole list of news articles.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am with ya, I just use the regular google reader. simple, and works.

Zargon

Reaction score
hmmm, mine has always synced well with Google Reader. I've tried some of the others, but I always come back to NewsRob.

lakerfan82

Reaction score
+1 for google reader mobile on the web. Does everything: like, star, email, share... I use it as my home page

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
+1 for google reader mobile on the web. Does everything: like, star, email, share... I use it as my home page

The problem I have with the mobile Google Reader is that it doesn't have a feature that allows the user to share via Twitter, Facebook or SMS message. NewsRob does.

lockcity

Reaction score
I use NewsRob most of the time. I wish Google just manned up and made a quick Android reader app that would look a little cleaner like NewsRob.

NewsRob does the job if I'm just reading. I don't think its great if I want to star or share something. For those, I use GoogleReader on the web.

lakerfan82

Reaction score

The problem I have with the mobile Google Reader is that it doesn't have a feature that allows the user to share via Twitter, Facebook or SMS message. NewsRob does.

Yeah, that is a pain in the neck, but their desktop version doesn't appear to have those features either. My guess is they will come eventually and those features will be ported to the mobile version as well...

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score

Yeah, that is a pain in the neck, but their desktop version doesn't appear to have those features either. My guess is they will come eventually and those features will be ported to the mobile version as well...

The desktop version of Google Reader does have a share feature. There is a choice that says "send to". If you select that it will list the places such as Twitter or Facebook where the user can share.

Zargon

Reaction score
I use NewsRob most of the time. I wish Google just manned up and made a quick Android reader app that would look a little cleaner like NewsRob.

NewsRob does the job if I'm just reading. I don't think its great if I want to star or share something. For those, I use GoogleReader on the web.

What don't you like about starring something or sharing in NewsRob?

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
i use Reader Widget on mine... nothing too fancy but i can see my unread count and a few titles. i have mine set to take me right to google reader when i tap it.

lockcity

Reaction score

Starring in NewsRob wasn't instant. At least last time i tried. I usually do most of my RSS reading on the computer at my desk at work. When I check NewsRob on the phone I'll usually just skim and star the stuff I want to read later. Had a problem a couple times that it took a couple hours before the posts i starred appeared in my starred folder in Reader. Also don't have the ability to look through old articles i starred.

Also when you search though Reader, you can search ever post ever made on any of you feeds. Can't do that on NewsRob.

Zargon

Reaction score

Starring in NewsRob wasn't instant. At least last time i tried. I usually do most of my RSS reading on the computer at my desk at work. When I check NewsRob on the phone I'll usually just skim and star the stuff I want to read later. Had a problem a couple times that it took a couple hours before the posts i starred appeared in my starred folder in Reader. Also don't have the ability to look through old articles i starred.

Also when you search though Reader, you can search ever post ever made on any of you feeds. Can't do that on NewsRob.

I don't know what previous version were like with starring, because I've only recently started to use this feature. But now it is pretty much instantaneous. As soon as I hit refresh, my starred items pop up, if they weren't already there.

As far as older posts being kept, I wish that NewsRob would do that.