The Best of The Best Are Planning To Take Down The Internet

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You're such a troll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If someone on my feed feels the need to brag they went on an expensive trip or bought a brand new car to replace the less than one year old perfectly fine car but it was Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, etc, then yep. I'm a troll. There is more to life than materialistic bs and putting yourself in debt to keep up with the Jones.

Or the ones who post 500 pictures of little Jimmy at a football game saying he's the best player on the team.

Or the trust fund kids who have never worked a day in their life but yet feel compelled to tell everyone what they should do with their lives.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
If someone on my feed feels the need to brag they went on an expensive trip or bought a brand new car to replace the less than one year old perfectly fine car but it was Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, etc, then yep. I'm a troll. There is more to life than materialistic bs and putting yourself in debt to keep up with the Jones.

Or the ones who post 500 pictures of little Jimmy at a football game saying he's the best player on the team.

Or the trust fund kids who have never worked a day in their life but yet feel compelled to tell everyone what they should do with their lives.

Don't forget showing everyone what they were eating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Internet down, damn then we'd actually have to do stuff and talk to people... Not sure I want to do that...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
A couple of us have plans to move to Costa Rica. Gorgeous country and its cheap to live there.

With my VA disability I could live in a HUGE house in costa rica or panama, I've already looked... I've almost moved a few times too.

Hell the Chilean Government is giving startup money to business that start and move there and fit certain criteria... at least they were a while ago.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd like to see a revolution type event where all power goes out. I'll survive but I know a ton of people who wouldn't. They go out to eat every day, don't have supplies, etc. They call for a storm here, the shelves are empty.

I have rations for 3 weeks, methods of making fresh drinking water as well.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Yea they can. Bank transactions aren't on the open Internet that we use.

And they big banks can detect and get around a DDoS attack in a few minutes. If the root servers are hacked that's another story. I'd expect their engineers to know how to thwart an attack as well.

I was a Sysadmin for a Bank here in Raleigh Depending on what part of the state you are in here in NC we used either TWC, CenturyLink, or Windstream just like everybody else the only difference being the security that is run on those connections.

So yep they are just as vulnerable in the sense that if any of those providers are attacked such as a ddos or just in the case of the internet being down.

In such cases the local bank branch operates off of its cache of accounts from the last sync from the main server.

Once the connection is restored the servers then sync up all of their transaction data that changed while it was offline.

With the advent of high speed cellular data now, some banks are installing a cellular service as backup to the main internet connection at their branches

Not only were Bank employees watching those connections but all activity was monitored by an independent security company.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was a Sysadmin for a Bank here in Raleigh Depending on what part of the state you are in here in NC we used either TWC, CenturyLink, or Windstream just like everybody else the only difference being the security that is run on those connections.

So yep they are just as vulnerable in the sense that if any of those providers are attacked such as a ddos or just in the case of the internet being down.

In such cases the local bank branch operates off of its cache of accounts from the last sync from the main server.

Once the connection is restored the servers then sync up all of their transaction data that changed while it was offline.

With the advent of high speed cellular data now, some banks are installing a cellular service as backup to the main internet connection at their branches

Not only were Bank employees watching those connections but all activity was monitored by an independent security company.
I work for a much larger bank and we don't use small cable or DSL companies, nor is there anything stored on local branch PCs. The OCC would literally crap bricks if we had PII information stored like that. I won't and can't get into specifics but I'll just say your information is safe and secure with the transmitting methods the top banks in the country use.

We get DDoS attacks daily. There are many methods to prevent it from affecting systems, front ends and employees.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I work for a much larger bank and we don't use small cable or DSL companies, nor is there anything stored on local branch PCs. The OCC would literally crap bricks if we had PII information stored like that. I won't and can't get into specifics but I'll just say your information is safe and secure with the transmitting methods the top banks in the country use.

We get DDoS attacks daily. There are many methods to prevent it from affecting systems, front ends and employees.

Awww, you got my hopes up for some deets on how to crack that security... Guess I'll go back to the drawing board.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Anyone ever show you how to unfriend people? :D
I am very unforgiving on FB. Post crap? buh bye.
There are a lot of morons on FB.

There are also crazy stories, like finding family (2 half sisters and a half brother) you didn't even know you had. Yea... that happened to me. Thank you Facebook.
I am going to Atlanta over the winter to meet them for the first time early next year. :D

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Anyone ever show you how to unfriend people? :D
I am very unforgiving on FB. Post crap? buh bye.
There are a lot of morons on FB.

There are also crazy stories, like finding family (2 half sisters and a half brother) you didn't even know you had. Yea... that happened to me. Thank you Facebook.
I am going to Atlanta over the winter to meet them for the first time early next year. :D
What fun is unfriending people?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Awww, you got my hopes up for some deets on how to crack that security... Guess I'll go back to the drawing board.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Yep, at least for mustangs. for the small community bank that I worked for with some of the "branch offices" towards the outer banks that the farmers and fisherman used were double wide trailers.

You could steal the whole bank branch with a f-250 and a trailer hitch.

And when we merged with another bank I cringed, the data center for it was only a couple of hundred yards away from pamlico sound.

Yes somebody actually thought it was smart to put a data center for a bank right on the coast where hurricanes make landfall. And no DRS site to back it up of course.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not one bit worried, pun intended.

Think about it. Those hackers depends on Internet, its like their oxygen.

They disable Internet, they put themselves out of business and they cease to exist.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm not one bit worried, pun intended.

Think about it. Those hackers depends on Internet, its like their oxygen.

They disable Internet, they put themselves out of business and they cease to exist.
They can't take it down permanently. Just long enough to create havoc..