The Best Droid Story Ever Heard

internetchick

Reaction score
First things first.....the coolness of google buzz at any given moment is directly proportional to the hotness of the girl your talking to who likes it. Secondly....you went to a party with women and I'm assuming adult beverages.....and your on here talking about your phone skin? The only skin that should be concerning you is that of the females imbibing those glorious, moral loosening drinks. And of course, if one strikes out with the ladies, knock down, flat out drunk is the next logical choice. Geeking out over your phone skin is not even on the options list.
Wow, way to objectify us women into oblivion.

Second that. :/

hollowbox

Reaction score
First things first.....the coolness of google buzz at any given moment is directly proportional to the hotness of the girl your talking to who likes it. Secondly....you went to a party with women and I'm assuming adult beverages.....and your on here talking about your phone skin? The only skin that should be concerning you is that of the females imbibing those glorious, moral loosening drinks. And of course, if one strikes out with the ladies, knock down, flat out drunk is the next logical choice. Geeking out over your phone skin is not even on the options list.
Wow, way to objectify us women into oblivion.[/QUOTE/

First off I don't think it is a state secret that men are incredibly interested in women for less than pure reasons. And if you think that my tongue in cheek post truly objectifies women, I think you would probably be horrified at what young college age males think, do, try, and say in pursuit of those less than pure intentions. Fortunately for women we do eventually start thinking with our brains as we grow a little older and meet the right girl...of course Jesse James and tiger are currently making that last statement seem a bit naieve.

OP
I

ihaveadroid

Reaction score
i was just kidding, none if this ever happened. i dont even have a phone.

internetchick

Reaction score
Wow, way to objectify us women into oblivion.[/QUOTE/]

First off I don't think it is a state secret that men are incredibly interested in women for less than pure reasons. And if you think that my tongue in cheek post truly objectifies women, I think you would probably be horrified at what young college age males think, do, try, and say in pursuit of those less than pure intentions. Fortunately for women we do eventually start thinking with our brains as we grow a little older and meet the right girl...of course Jesse James and tiger are currently making that last statement seem a bit naieve.

I can't speak for the other woman who said something, but I agreed with her not because I don't understand how men think but because it's not that great to be on forums of mostly men who like to talk about women the way you did. It may seem like light-hearted talk to you, but it's not exactly welcoming for women who want to join in. Just gives off the boys club mentality vibe.

OpalCat

Reaction score
I can't speak for the other woman who said something, but I agreed with her not because I don't understand how men think but because it's not that great to be on forums of mostly men who like to talk about women the way you did. It may seem like light-hearted talk to you, but it's not exactly welcoming for women who want to join in. Just gives off the boys club mentality vibe.
Exactly. It's one thing to be like that around your guy friends, but on a public forum where there are women actively posting... it sends out a "you're not welcome here" vibe pretty strongly.

hollowbox

Reaction score
Exactly. It's one thing to be like that around your guy friends, but on a public forum where there are women actively posting... it sends out a "you're not welcome here" vibe pretty strongly.
What exactly did I say about women? That a young man at a party should be infinitely more interested in the young women at said party than he is in the skin on his phone? It amazes me what offends or is considered insensitive in this day and age. I will refrain from anything that could be considered locker room talk in the future in the name of almighty inclusion or more likely just stick to forums with a little thicker skin.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 of these moments so far. One in a bathroom, one in my driveway (dirty, oily, small rocks), and the other was in my garage at work. In all 3, it hit the tile/cement and the battery cover, battery, and phone (screen down) flew in 3 different directions. When falling in my driveway, it hit the cement, exploded in 3 pieces and then the phone slid across the cement and under my wifes car. I was scared to flip it over and see the damage. When I did I was amazed.

Overall it has been abused and only has a couple small chips on the top frame, and one dent in the "chin". The screen is spotless.

Love this beast phone.

internetchick

Reaction score
What exactly did I say about women? That a young man at a party should be infinitely more interested in the young women at said party than he is in the skin on his phone? It amazes me what offends or is considered insensitive in this day and age. I will refrain from anything that could be considered locker room talk in the future in the name of almighty inclusion or more likely just stick to forums with a little thicker skin.

You really can't see how you're wording here has a much different tone that the first post?

And I knew you would try and peg me as some over sensitive woman. That training with Miss Cleo sure paid off.

hollowbox

Reaction score

You really can't see how you're wording here has a much different tone that the first post?

And I knew you would try and peg me as some over sensitive woman. That training with Miss Cleo sure paid off.

Tone? Really? This is getting laughable. So if I say the exact same thing but I use a different tone then its perfectly acceptable. And the sensitive women remark...play the victim much. I did not say anything about sensitive women, you did. But I am going to now. Your seriously going to talk about the "tone" of a post? No that's not being sensitive at all.

internetchick

Reaction score
You not only changed your tone, you left out remarks like moral loosening. Go ahead and laugh. It's what I would expect.

hollowbox

Reaction score
You not only changed your tone, you left out remarks like moral loosening. Go ahead and laugh. It's what I would expect.

So the reality of alcohol lowering inhibitions is what's offensive? So the way I worded the guy girl dynamic in party situations is what's offensive.....not the actual reality of how that dynamic plays out. What type of indignant self righteousness do you reserve for the truly offensive? .....and the best thing I can say is my beautiful wife thinks your ridiculous.

internetchick

Reaction score
Seriously dude, why are you so defensive? So much for trying to ask for some consideration. All I wanted to do was point out that you can make women feel unwelcome with the locker room talk.

.....and the best thing I can say is my beautiful wife thinks your ridiculous.

Are you 5? What does your wife's looks have to do with this? Should I be extra zinged that she finds me ridiculous and she's beautiful? Duly noted.