The BEST data loss fix in 2 simple steps..

raistian77

Reaction score
ok day 2 with the update and all is very well.

No data drops or problems switching from 4g to 3g at all.

Battery preformance

battery 12h 39m
awake 7h12m
screen on 4h33m
wifi on 2h12m
bluetooth on 2h 46m

Browser use 1:49m

I am at 8%,-208ma, 3629mV, 86 F

I was irritated the 2 months it took to get the problems ironed out, but heck its just a phone after all. The bugs were aggravating but did not make the phone unusable.

Here is the low down, the Bionic is a GREAT phone/pocket computer.
Motorola does a top notch job making our phones, for comparison my wife's phone a Samsung Galaxy S Continuum is still running Eclair.
Samsung has apologized but stated there will be NO (as in zero,zip,zilch) updates for it.......ever.

But I am a Moto fanboy to start with, I have 4 Moto base units modified to use the armature radio bands (I am a license holder) and 2 hand held units. The handhelds have batteries in them that are 8 years old, and still freaking work. Along with having had the Razr, OG Droid, droid 2 and Droid x and X2.

But than again at 40+ I tend to not want to sue for having to wait 2 whole months for a update. When you get older you understand that you cant have everything when you want it.

raistian77

Reaction score
also, the Droid Bionic is already slated to receive ICS :icon_ banana:

OP
T

thejacked1

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

But than again at 40+ I tend to not want to sue for having to wait 2 whole months for a update. When you get older you understand that you cant have everything when you want it.[/QUOTE]

IM 39....SO MAYBE NEXT YEAR?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bigtex52

Reaction score
But than again at 40+ I tend to not want to sue for having to wait 2 whole months for a update. When you get older you understand that you cant have everything when you want it.

+1000 there. It's not about older, it's a maturity issue. It's why you don't scream and hang on your mother's leg at the grocery store anymore when she won't buy you a toy. LOL.:p

Last edited:

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
The contract doesn't stop you from suing. It makes it a thousand times harder to win, but it doesn't stop you from suing. If I wanted, I could sue you for speaking english. I wouldn't win, but I can sue you. Anybody can sue anybody for anything. Its the American way.

I'm sorry but that's just hilarious! Lmao!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
This thread is good for something, after all.

passing time waiting on the update.

raistian77

Reaction score
ok update time

Flashed 5.7.893 (full final update (the one being release OTA this month)) and am happy to report battery life is much much better some members over at Android central are posting pics of 2 DAYS battery life on the extended battery and over a day on the regular battery. Camera is much faster and pics are sharper, my Bionic beats out my 300.00 point and shoot Cannon in time to focus and shoot a pic (Cannon still wins in quality,but not by much) GPS locks in faster and data connections are stronger than prior.

I believe once this OTA goes out almost all complaints about the Bionic will end as finally it is the droid we were looking for.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
also, the Droid Bionic is already slated to receive ICS :icon_ banana:

Which means what? A new set of bugs to fight through?

Has anyone ever loaded a new version of Android that was bug free? I sure haven't. I'm not looking forward to seeing what else decides to not work right on my Bionic when it gets "ICS :icon_ banana:".

Anubis520

Reaction score
I updated 2days ago and have been very happy camera is my hope faster now and connectivity has not been an issue at all but this update does not fix all of the known issuses but battery life is much better and phone is now tolerable hope ics will take it all the way there

raistian77

Reaction score
Come on man, you know thats the way it is with Android. I have been dealing with bugs and roms and such since Cupcake and my G1 on T-mobile. The problem now is Android is more mainstream and the vast majority of users just want the iphone experience without the iphone.

I love Android, In fact I am working on porting it into a netbook and seeing just how much I can move out of the Windows world and into the linux/Chromium/Android world. To me its fun.

True the 5.5.893 and 5.6.893 updates are not perfect, but I want to see if anyone finds bugs with the 5.7.893 update properly installed. So far I have found none.

Today my 2 of my daughters (I have 5, take pity lol) were in the Veterans day parade as part of JROTC. I left the point and shoot Cannon at home and decided to put Moto to the test. :icon_eek:

Well recorded 1 hour of HD video 1080 than switched to camera mode (battery was at 60%) :icon_ lala:

I could snap pics as fast as my finger could push the button, my wife using her Galaxy S phone was able to take 1 pic in the time I could take 4 :biggrin:

At home we transferred the videos 6 gigs and pics to the home terminal and was amazed at the quality of both. The video was smooooooth and sharp and the pics looked great.

I am no longer regretful for my purchase of the Droid Bionic.

It is true ICS will take some tweaking to get perfect but hey that's half the fun, and besides we get free updates to new OS, I think that is sweet. Microsoft never gave me a free OS I had to buy 3.1,'95,M.E.,'98,XP,Vista and now Windows 7.

M.E. was awful and Microsoft straight up ignored it, they refused to fix the bugs or offer a rebate for it. Instead they released X.P. and went on their merry way making users toss their systems or shell out $200 for the new OS. Motorola and Google have been trying their hardest to give us a darn good phone, its the carriers that fill it with bloat and break stuff so we can't tether. And since the carriers are the real customers they have every right to. They (carriers) are the ones that get the software and make the final changes to it prior to release to us. Heck they have even made Blur something I like rather than something I hate.

I admit Moto and big red made a mistake releasing the Bionic before it was done just to beat the iphone 4s, but I am glad Moto is stepping to the plate admitting where the software sucks and bugs are hurting the user experience and rushed a fix out for us. Thunderbolt users JUST got their update to fix similar problems and that blasted phone has been out much longer than ours has. You guys can sue or sell or destroy your phones in anger, but as for me I am sticking with Moto, I like their hardware design and the durability of their equipment (I am in construction and am VERY hard on phones, all my Motos have survived being with me and still look great (in part due to my Otterboxes)) and Moto made a mistake and fixed it, I wish half the companys I have delt with could do that.

Lets hope someday Google buys out a carrier and gets into the business or creates a phone that is VOIP and needs no carrier to support it.

raistian77

Reaction score
I updated 2days ago and have been very happy camera is my hope faster now and connectivity has not been an issue at all but this update does not fix all of the known issuses but battery life is much better and phone is now tolerable hope ics will take it all the way there

Did you get OTA? Which verison are you running, 5.5.893-5.6.893 or 5.7.893?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the tone of his posts came across as he was posing no possibility for a fix, but more of a rather negative comment to the effect that their is no hope at all for a data fix. I agree 100% that I believe it's not the device, but the network. But he was comparing 2 different phones in a Bionic thread. I meant to and should have added to that post that I believe it was the network also, but got called away. And I believe these issues, along with the TB will be resolved. Sorry if it came off as to harsh.

I've been saying this for awhile now. It must be a simple misconfiguration at some of the cell sites, because some of us have no issues at all. Maybe something as simple as some cell sites are on outdated firmware. Either way, I think it is a network problem; and alot of people who are planning on jumping ship to another device in hopes of alleviating the issue are in for a rude awakening.

raistian77

Reaction score
I've been saying this for awhile now. It must be a simple misconfiguration at some of the cell sites, because some of us have no issues at all. Maybe something as simple as some cell sites are on outdated firmware. Either way, I think it is a network problem; and alot of people who are planning on jumping ship to another device in hopes of alleviating the issue are in for a rude awakening.

I believe it is a combination of both. as 4g is a separate radio than the Cdma unit swithoffs are a little more complicated than before. A weak 4g signal is enough to keep the phone from switching to 3g and results in a no data condition that makes the radios 'stuck'.

Guys much much much smarter than me have discovered the updates basically ups the squelch and makes the phone pass off sooner than it used to.

Users staying within 4g have stated no problems with data and better battery than users that roam in and out of 4g coverage. As we (roamers) tend to have 2 radios simultaneously upping power to hold signal. Moto was able to make a software fix for a network problem where HTC basically ignored their customers.