The best currently available phone for Verizon

hkseo100

Reaction score
I have listed my Samsung Fascinate in Ebay because I'm sick of waiting for 2.2 (and probably never 2.3)...

These are the top 10 things I do (probably almost all the time) on my phone.
1. Music
2. Email
3. Facebook
4. SMS/MMS
5. Google Voice
6. Weather Channel App
7. Google Finance
8. Camera/Gallery
9. Dropbox
10. IM Client (Ebuddy)

My Fascinate can do these fine, but missing Flash, and some other optimizations in Froyo (I had it on my Droid 1) makes me just irritated sometimes even if I don't utilize it. (just the thought of it makes me pissed off since it's been so long)

I am deciding between Droid X, 2 and Incredible...
I think all of the 3 can handle these tasks easily, but I would like the one that would execute these programs the fastest, and with the longest battery life...

If you have a different suggestion, then please feel free! I would love to hear your opinion and suggestions.

But I do need this rather quickly replaced. I can order from Amazon, or Neweegg as well. (Actually preferred is Amazon out of any carrier, or if you know any other site that has good deals that wil let me purhcase a phone + contract on a family added line, please share!)

thank you so much

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I say Droid X. Huge screen, hdmi,8 mp camera and hd video, and a blazing priocessor. Its the highest end smart phone on Verizon [right now] imo

cpjr

Reaction score
I've had all and love the X....however its all personal opinion. Big differences between the 3.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
no keyboard = X
need keyboard = D2G

personally id get the D2G since i like having a keyboard

OP
H

hkseo100

Reaction score
Only reason I am holding back the Droid X would be the size of the thing. Ugh fascinate owuld be perfect if it didn't have that stupid file system and 2.1...

cpjr

Reaction score
Honestly dude, I think your being a little anal....not to be offensive, but if you like the fascinate except for what you listed....I would keep it. But to each his own ;)

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Only reason I am holding back the Droid X would be the size of the thing. Ugh fascinate owuld be perfect if it didn't have that stupid file system and 2.1...

That's what I love most on my X, is the size. Wish it was bigger now that I have had it for a while. If that dell streak 5" phone was on verizon, I'd get it.

I couldn't wait for flash on my old d1, but later realized I NEVER use it, just slows things down, so I just keep it turned of now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Googleaddict

Reaction score

The x isn't any bigger than the fascinate.. I compared them and the droid x might be a few millimeters taller but that's it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
H

hkseo100

Reaction score
i listed it for $300 + 15 shipping lol if you want to buy it, go ahead.
anyway... i COULD keep it, but the thing is,, I bought this out of contract with cold cash. so I could just make some cash while not loosing much if not at all by getting a phone for $50-150 (my little brother's upgrade line XD)...

Last edited:

rollingrock

Reaction score
i listed it for $300 + 15 shipping lol if you want to buy it, go ahead.
anyway... i COULD keep it, but the thing is,, I bought this out of contract with cold cash. so I could just make some cash while not loosing much if not at all by getting a phone for $50-150 (my little brother's upgrade line XD)...

did you put an extra zero on there by chance?

jk....

Rogue27

Reaction score
The x actually is bigger than the fascinate by .3 inches. True the x has the biggest screen but the fascinate takes 2nd with its 4 inch screen beating out other droids such as incredible, D2 and others. Being one to have had both the x and the fascinate i prefer the fascinate. Yeah u lose a little over a quarter or an inch but totally makes up for it with its amoled screen and rich vibrant colors. the droid x having hdmi is no biggie considering there were aux cables designed to do the same exact thing on any other droid. Id rather pick up one of those for five bucks to view video on my hdtv. Droid x still a great phone but personally have a soft spot for the fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App