The Best Battery Life and rom....Ive Tried Them All :)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Superdan2481, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Superdan2481

Superdan2481 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly I've tried All roms And kernels an This is my personal thought with my droid That Ive had since day one. I always wipe with clockwork mod an honestly I just flashed RZ recovery an my Droid an ROM acted like a whole new Phone...I had already flashed the new Steel droid an it had HORRIBLE battery life an that was with the stock kernel...so with the flash and wipe from RZ recovery i charged my phone to full and this was with the stock 1100 med kernel an my phone lasted 22 hours. I think i finally got GB to run smooth although 1100 kernels never last long on my phone i did under clock to 250-550 an i left my 3g off over nite...Just throwing it Out there for everyone...I really like AND will PRAISE all the developers out there....the work you do for everyone And for Free....I really really appreciate this Forum and I give credit to all of you CHEVY'S....MIUI...ULTIMATE DROID...LIQUID...PETE.....You all have made Me look like a genius to all My friends PLUS Have made a Rash when I was the first at my work to have a DROID everyone bought One...well hopefully everyone has a smooth run with their phone like i have mine I love my Droid 1...An its almost 2 yrs since it came out an my contract is Up..BUT until my Phone Breaks Ill never UPGRADE!!! :motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert::motdroidvert:drrrrrRRRRRRROID!

2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, Since I'm just in high school, it makes me look like a phone obsessed nerd :p But that doesn't matter to me!

However I hate to burst your bubble, and I'm glad you have found a way to get 22 hours, but whats your usage level? light? moderate? heavy use?

I've gotten 2 days of battery with liquid and stock kernel, but that was light use (plus a little angry birds from time to time)

3. Dwyndal

Dwyndal Member

Ratings:
    +0

Same here, no true point half upgrading to the next thing, i can wait another year or so using this because there isn't much there that can be done with a faster phone than this other than front facing camera and i'm ok waiting for that as i have a craptop (netbook), laptop and soon tablet (apple sue me i like ipad stability and softwares) If i'm going ot upgrade i want dual core and i'll wait until they are more common and front facing so i figure 6months to a year and they will be pretty standard, cheap and a stronger LTE running.

As for settings i'm a heavy user and getting about 8-12 hours depending if i was on the road or at work because sometimes i use voice to text and such which uses 3g to interpret and such but i have found these to work for me except UD as i can't test it as the rom just bootloops with any kernel, it's the one rom i can't get to work at all. So i'm waiting for the update.

I have loved Petes bugless it's been my best battery saver for froyo - and his kernels. Droid Concepts was 2nd but since 10 is still in beta i can't say much but it was moving towards first but i wasn't keen on the look and theme and i didn't take the day to theme it over yet but if i go back to froyo it's that over pete at the moment.

Gingerbread - i'm loving Liquid at the moment, has a lot of options which eh are ok i'm a minimalist and like space and less choices but i'm testing them to see how much i benefit aside from theming and such.

Chevy's simply stunning was a 2nd close bet and i liked it until i noticed the keyboard was missing voice search / voice to text but i just learned how to fix that so +1 back to it but i need a vanilla theme, just personal preference the unthemed still had elements of blue which is actually my color preference, think tron, i loved the original. But i'm more into b+w for my droid because it's easier on my eyes.

All in all love the list and will have to try MIUI but thanks for mutual comparisons, lets me know what to look for and how i'm feeling about my own personal choices.

As always DEVS great work, donations will be made as i stick with them and keep going. :icon_ banana:

~D

4. Superdan2481

Superdan2481 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed quite a big differance in running the new 7.1 steel droid it runs awesome with the stock kernel .....so on moderate usage an turning 3g on an off I get around 20hrs maybe but that's some on idle but yeah honestly it toke me a while to get it stable...

Search tags for this page

best battery life ever seen on an atrix rom