The Bard's Tale Now Available for Android; Complete with Cary Elwes and Snarky Humor

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;9MkQmrK_Mnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9MkQmrK_Mnk[/video]​

For fans of the classic old PC game, "The Bard's Tale" finding out that someone remade the game for Android may come as a surprise and potentially disappoint you. However, don't be to hasty in your judgement lest you fall in to one of the many traps the Bard himself got himself into. Apparently, this new version was built from the ground up with loving care to be true to the spirit of the original. Yes, the mechanics are Diablo-style action, but the story and characters are filled with a snarky and irreverent humor that are sure to please fans of the original. Plus, of course there are adventures galore awaiting the Bard.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that Cary Elwes (the actor who portrayed the Dread Pirate Roberts in "Princess Bride" voices the main character. How's that for the perfect voice actor for the part? The game is $5.95 on the Google Play Store, and is a hefty 3.5GB download for Tegra users (or 1.8GB for low def). You even get a free copy of the original classic game The Bard’s Tale I: Tales of the Unknown for nostalgia purposes! The video trailer above gives you a great idea of the fun that is in store. I can't wait to give this one a try myself!

Source: GooglePlayStore - The Bard's Tale

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
okay this looks absolutely epic, I have bards tale on the Xbox and it's great. They could not have picked a better voice actor.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rarely play this type of game and only very rarely spend $6 on an Android game. Cary Elwes and Tony Jay threw the balance over and I bought it.

I've played it for about four hours now and am enjoying it immensely. I've laughed out loud several times and I can see Cary Elwes in my head every time the Bard speaks. I've had it lock up twice on my rooted OG Transformer but it plays smoothly on the high-res graphics.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sacrilegious. Just give me an Android port of the original, thank you very much.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
It comes with a straight port of the original and the second two of the trilogy say they are "coming soon."

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is one of the best trailers for any game, Android or not. I'm sold. Buying now before I come to my senses.