The Apple Watch is here, I said the Apple Watch is here

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many of those people looked at you sideways when you told them how much you paid for your Samsung Watch?
Nobody believes I paid $160 for the S. Or $40 something for the Circles though they do believe I paid $99 for the Fit because that's about the going price everywhere now. Iow,I got all 3 for under the price of 1 watch.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
I find it amusing how the apple zealots and some of the general public act about these announcements. We've already had Android Wear for long enough, so there are a few watches out there in the wild. (We're a small but rabid minority, I know. :D ) But now with this announcement, the general public will be all over it: "OMG! It's like a smartphone on your wrist! It connects to your phones! And it's...*gasp*...apple! iWant my iWatch!" The same ones who recently gushed over the "new" features we've had in Android for a few years now. ;)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
just read over those Apple notes...how mind boggling dull. you know why they limited it to macs only, because mac users are so self contained in the apple universe they have no idea what good hardware is.
Is that a fact, or just your opinion? Is that why Samsung forces us to activate their watch with a Samsung phone? I and many others here at DF have been using Macs for years.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
My opinion doesn't matter. :D (Wait...I was married once! ;) ) I just think it's amusing to watch the general public and how they behave to things like this. The tech-minded among us have far different opinions than the mass-market buyers of these devices. It's an interesting marketing situation.

I don't even bother with the PC/Mac/Linux debate anymore. For me, a computer is just the tool I use to do my work, and I use whatever best suits my needs, like we all do. And I have so much invested in software now for my own system that it wouldn't make sense to completely change things up.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is that a fact, or just your opinion? I and many others here at DF have been using Macs for years.
Agree apple can make a laptop. Even the hardest of hard-core Android fans admitted to that and many own macbooks.
I, like many, love tech and true tech enthusiasts can appreciate tech no matter the name on the back.
With that said I enjoy the playful banter back and forth between Android and apple fans. As long as people are not taking things serious and get out of control. Unless you work for the company or invest there is no stake so really no reason to go to war. The biggest thing I heard on other sites (and we have joked about) is Tim Cook's comments regarding Android and other technologies, but he is going to say that because he have to sell phones/watches/tablets/computers. If I was in his position making his kind of money I would be ragging Android all the way to the bank.
Sell out?
No, selling out these phones is what I would be doing. I got bills to pay.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Agree apple can make a laptop. Even the hardest of hard-core Android fans admitted to that and many own macbooks.
I, like many, love tech and true tech enthusiasts can appreciate tech no matter the name on the back.
With that said I enjoy the playful banter back and forth between Android and apple fans. As long as people are not taking things serious and get out of control. Unless you work for the company or invest there is no stake so really no reason to go to war. The biggest thing I heard on other sites (and we have joked about) is Tim Cook's comments regarding Android and other technologies, but he is going to say that because he have to sell phones/watches/tablets/computers. If I was in his position making his kind of money I would be ragging Android all the way to the bank.
Sell out?
No, selling out these phones is what I would be doing. I got bills to pay.
I agree PC we all have bills to pay. I see no need for Apple or Android bashing, or bashing those that use those products. We all have a choice and a reason for using what we choose use.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Breezed through an Apple forum. Surprisingly, they don't love it either. Most don't.
I just can't believe the freaking band is proprietary!! Blew it, Apple. Freaking blew it.
You should have 3 watches. 2 Sizes.
Aluminum @$350/$400 Silver @$450/$500, and Gold @$600/$650. Maybe a Platinum for $10K if you really want to go lux. So 6/7 actually.
I love the 2 sizes idea.
But need to be able to change bands with standard bands.

Turbo Tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Breezed through an Apple forum. Surprisingly, they don't love it either. Most don't.
I just can't believe the freaking band is proprietary!! Blew it, Apple. Freaking blew it.
You should have 3 watches. 2 Sizes.
Aluminum @$350/$400 Silver @$450/$500, and Gold @$600/$650. Maybe a Platinum for $10K if you really want to go lux. So 6/7 actually.
I love the 2 sizes idea.
But need to be able to change bands with standard bands.

Turbo Tap'n
I'm sure some Chinese company will or has already knocked off the bands...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
166bda40ed4706f0324eec5c193af51d.jpg

Turbo Tap'n