1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

the actual phone in pe

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Krooked247, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Krooked247

Krooked247 New Member

Has anyone else had problems with the actual phone app/process?

Everything works flawlessly and fast with pe on my phone except for the phone.

About 1 out of 5 times someone calls me, i can answer it but it automatically mutes it and puts it on speaker phone and i cant do anythin with it.

The best i can do is pull the battery an restart the phone then try to call them back.

Im not sure if its my phone or jus a gingerbread issue but this has been goin on for me with the beta and other roms like lgb too.
    I was hopin in this final it wouldnt be a problem but i've still got it.
    I recently went back to pe 42 froyo jus cuz of this reason only.

I makes u realize how important the basics of your phone is.....

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.... if anyone can help me with this or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I use rz recovery and always wipe all 3x and then wipe each separately and boot back into recovery before i install anything, never use titanium and always jus restore everything myself one thing at a time by re-downloading and setting up from scratch.

Thanks to anyone that reads this or who replies even if its just to say if u have the problem also or not.

Krooked all day...

Special shouts to the pe team tho for being the only squad i anticipate releases from.
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

Mine has been putting my incoming call on speaker also for like 2 seconds then it switches to normal...
  3. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 New Member

My incoming call almost always FC if I try to answer. GF is hating it lol
  4. ghosty222

ghosty222 New Member

i never notices this bug:/ ill let u guys know if it starts happening to me to but so far soooooo good in this room i actuallly got a good benchmark of 1347 on my droid 1 XD
  5. Biggdogg76

Biggdogg76 New Member

I had trouble with my phone too but apparently you are supposed to reboot after installing the Rom and that does fix some issues. I didn't see the reboot part on the instructions but I could have missed it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. theplantman

theplantman New Member

I would suggest experimenting with some different kernals. Also try to move up in voltage and see if that makes any difference.
  7. Krooked247

Krooked247 New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I read that u were supposed to reboot after install and that hasnt helped the issue.
    I havent tried changing kernels yet , but that looks like the route im gonna go.

Thanks again for the info.

Krooked all day....

By the way... if it aint B-boy it aint nothin.. not really anyway
  8. Kinetik

Kinetik New Member

I've been getting this. I try and answer an incoming call and the phone locks with the speaker on, still vibrating and ringing. I've changed my kernal with no effect. No Titanium on my end either. I'm about to do another install and see if it helps, hope it does since I cant receive any calls without having to call people back.
  9. Alex5790

Alex5790 New Member

This problem is the one thing thats always sent me back to froyo. I've tried pete's v3 kernels, chevy's ,and the default one that comes with P.E. It seems that the phone is fine for awhile but after about 2 or 3 hours of it being on is when the problem starts. Most of the time I'll get a call and swipe to answer. The phone still says incoming call and is vibrating but I can hear the person talk. Only way to get the phone working again is to do a battery pull. Always done a clean install of GB roms and never used TiBu to restore apps but, alas the problem still persists. Guess I'm staying on froyo for now...
  10. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

This happens to me all the time as well, which makes for a very unhappy girlfriend which makes for an even unhappier me. I might just be getting lucky or tricking myself into thinking that this helps but if you hit the volume rocker to stop the vibrating then answer your phone it seems to not lock everything up. But then again I may just be imagining that it helps.
  11. Zepius

Zepius New Member

Turn off vibrate and change kernels. I do not have the phone issue you are talking about
  12. KJW979

KJW979 Member

Again everyone's phone acts and works differently, so the answer is to our vibrate problem is to not use it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  13. Krooked247

Krooked247 New Member

I've never had the "vibrate" issue. The issue I'm having is when I answer it automatically puts the phone into mute and speakerphone and then the screen becomes irresponsive and frozen and I need to do a battery pull. If I wait till the other person hangs up it causes the phone to force close repeatedly over an over till I do a battery pull.

I'm in the process of tryin to switch out kernals and see if one makes a difference but when playin with kernals its never a short process for me, usually takes a couple days.

In the meantime thanks to everyone that responded to this thread.
  14. mrkelly88

mrkelly88 New Member

Been using PE6.5 since it dropped and have not had the vibrate issue... up until 5 minutes ago... my phone kept vibrating like it was ringing... my girlfriend on the other line could still hear me and I could hear her in-between the vib pulses, the phone then force closed... kinda weird :p
  15. baggar11

baggar11 New Member

I've been having the same issue as well. I posted in another thread for a possible fix, but haven't heard anything.

Initially when I instal GB roms, the phone will act normal for about 4 days. After that, the phone go to speaker and crash on an incoming call. It seems like the more frequently I reboot the phone and not let it idle, the less chance I will have of getting that problem.
  16. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs New Member

This is the one current GB ROM that I don't get the phone issues.
    Actually, Simply Stunning as well, though not as current as LGB2.0 versions and last few MIUIs.
    The vibration issue and not being able to answer, either because it stays on the app I have open or sometimes won't respond to hitting answer or rotary.

I had thought it was originating from a Cyanogen change made after SS 5.4 was released, since LGB and MIUI use Cyanogen as the base to be built upon.

But seeing that you guys are still having the problem on PE makes me worry that entropy is upon our old OGs? Though that doesn't address why I and others have been lucky enough to be "phone issue" free.

That sucks to hear about. Sorry, I wish I had any clue as to the underlying cause. Since I still can encounter the problem on my other ROMs.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  17. baggar11

baggar11 New Member

I wanted to report back. I took the advice of villain1998 on using CorCor's kernel. I stuck on his LV 1200 kernel and have not had a single incident of not being able to answer my phone.
  18. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

I have not had any problems with the phone but I wanted to bring up that I think that PE and most of the GB roms these days use a modified phone.apk based on cytown's phone and wysie's wycontacts enhancements. This phone.apk might be more resource intensive (also themes may cause it to use more ram depending on the size of the pics used) or it may have some bugs that aren't totally worked out. For those of you having issues you might try to find the regular phone.apk (Pete's stock GB builds probably have it, I haven't used them before so IDK) then you could overwrite the phone.apk currently in system to see if that helps. You will lose some features but maybe the basic phone will work better for you (you could also try using the basic contacts.apk too). I don't know if there would be some other data or compatibility issue when you swap it out, it was just a thought I had that might help people out.
  19. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

Zepius,

Thank you so much. The ONE issue I had with the Project Elite ROM was the slow call response. Your kernel has fixed my issue. The dialer works perfectly now.

It tops out at 900mhz, but I am more than happy to trade 100mhz of speed for a stable dialer. Thanks a lot.
  20. baggar11

baggar11 New Member

JeffDenver,

Just curious. Did you ever try a CorCor kernel? I've been running a CorCor kernel for a couple weeks now, and both PE and Liquid roms that I've tried with broken dialers have been fixed.