That Bionic keyboard blows!any ideas which other keyboard i should get?

lstroyan

Reaction score
I'm a keyboard addict. I own Smart Keyboard, Swiftkey X, and Flex T9 (plus Swype does indeed come preloaded). Swiftkey was my favorite until Amazon had a freebie for Flex T9, and now I can't live without it's swipe feature, which is basically the ability to run my fingers over the screen somewhere near the letters I want and have it figure out what I mean. It learns fast and seems to put my words ahead of it's own words.

That said I'll give Swiftkey another try, I really do like how smart it is (I love that it predicts a word before you have typed anything at all!)....if only it had swipe words capability, it would be my choice.

But it's slow to have to make a decision for each word before having to type the next word. With FlexT9, I often swipe all my words very quickly and then fix the two or three it got wrong, which it does really well because it offers suggestions for highlighted words.

So here's my advice. If you have a bionic, try the built-in Swype. If you like it but maybe want more features (I don't know, honestly) try FlexT9. If you want to tap instead of swiping, try Swiftkey.

Lisa

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was using swiftkey for a while but our kept freezing at the beginning of a word when I tried typing really fast so it would mess up the word I was trying to spell so I'm sticking to swype right now because I can use that pretty fast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aramos87

Reaction score
I have both swift key x and smart keyboard pro...I prefer smart keyboard pro as the predictions are good enough and it has calibration which swift key does not. Based on predictions alone swift key bests them all.

I agree

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Martain

Reaction score
+1 for TouchPal. It's predictive ability is really good. I find it does a better job when swyping.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I dont really like swiftkey. I miss the moddable HTCIME mod Hopefully someone ports that correctly to the Bionic

69copo

Reaction score
Me personally I use the gingerbread key board that is free from the market and I use it exclusively. Just my opinion.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I adore SwiftKey, the more you use it the more it learns.

I've been using it since I got the Bionic and it's got me so down that it's predicting the word and next word so fast I barely have to think. And even when I completely hit the wrong keys it's getting it right.

To me there isn't even any competition - it's so good.

lstroyan

Reaction score
Thanks for recommending Touchpal. Just saw it is free until the end of October, and continues to be free for anyone that downloads it before then. Worth grabbing even if you are happy with your current keyboard :)

I haven't decided what I think of it yet...seems well-designed so far. I'll have to try Swiftkey again too, but I'm drawn by the idea of predictive text and swyping in one word...even T9 doesn't do that.

So many keyboards, so little time... :)