That Bionic keyboard blows!any ideas which other keyboard i should get?

DROID11

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what is so great about swift key (I've tried it, wasn't impressed). I'm partial to just the plain Jane Gingerbread keyboard.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
flext9

It's not even in the same ballpark as switfkey - it's not predictive. It's a mashup of a few things - not impressed.

DROID11

Reaction score
Honestly it isn't even that predictive. I tried using it for a week or two. I type faster when I just tap away and nothing else. It takes me longer to find the correct word than backspace and retyping would.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have both swift key x and smart keyboard pro...I prefer smart keyboard pro as the predictions are good enough and it has calibration which swift key does not. Based on predictions alone swift key bests them all.

kookk

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what is so great about swift key (I've tried it, wasn't impressed). I'm partial to just the plain Jane Gingerbread keyboard.

I second that. I've tried a ton of different keyboards and the stock gb keyboard is my favorite

Sent from my cyanobolt

Zregnier

Reaction score
I've been using SlideIt keyboard on my D1 for awhile and really like it. Very similar to Swype.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
Bar none SwiftKey is the best

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

rayw796

Reaction score
I have several keyboards, but I keep coming back to swiftkey. Version X is the best so far. It lets you automatically select predictions or manually select them. I choose manually and often select the prediction as my big fingers have a problem on the OG Droid in portrait. I use a lot of special acronyms and file system notations in my emails, so auto just doesn't work.

USCChem

Reaction score
I'm going to chime in for SmartKeyboard Pro. I like it better than SwiftKey, especially because I frequently flip between English and Spanish. SwiftKey has a tendency to mix the two which is cumbersome at times.

Last edited:

dbrcrx

Reaction score
What?

I just got my Bionic yesterday. I'm having trouble with the keyboard adding random letters as I type. Any suggestions? And no, I'm not PhatPhingering! For instance... I typed an M and the phone added 3 Y's on it's own. Any ideas? :icon_eek:

jspencer67

Reaction score
I have to go with Swiftkey X myself....been using Swiftkey for almost a year now

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
What about Swype? I've used it on two different phones and love it. Another one I like is Graffiti, you actually draw the letters on a pop-up screen on the bottom of the display , letters on the left & numbers on the right.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
T9Flex, Swype, SlideIT, Smart Keyboard Pro to name a few.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.