Thanks to nex theme i dont have a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G8GT594

Thank you, I appreciate your POS theme.

That bricked my phone droid 2. CONSTANT BOOT LOOPS. WIPE does nothing. And since i WIPED i cant loadboot strap and format /system folder.

And you can't do crap with with android system recovery.

Unless i can get this fixed, I will be posting this on everyboard and hopefully get you banned.

Thank you again. Learn how to make a ****ing theme.

OP
G

G8GT594

Did i mention how much this forum sucks?

Ive posted tons of questions that NEVER get answers too.

Hope someone takes the **** hole down for good.

Thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it.

OP
G

G8GT594

Umm.
Wow.

-Droid Does

Wow is right. I am pretty pissed off.

Thanks for the help btw. If that's all you're will to post, pissed off ******.

Btw, Nex, you're little "If you brick your phone" waiver won't hold up in court.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Got to love it when you can blame someone else for your own actions!dancedroid

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're the one who will likely get banned if you behave like that...

No one who roots their phone and plays with ROMs and Themes is provided any guarantee by any ROM/Theme developer...it's on you if you decide to play, and you need to understand enough about how to get out of trouble before you start, or failing that, ask questions respectfully if you need help.

That said, it should be simple to get your D2 up and running again.

IF you get to the Boot animation:

- Power up your phone
- As soon as the boot animation appears (after the M moto logo) pull the battery
- Power up again

You should go into clockwork recovery and can restore the backup you made before flashing the theme.

If you didn't make a backup or never get past the "M" motorola logo, follow the instructions below to SBF flash your phone.

Follow the instructions on the SBF thread, but for the first SBF file you flash, boot up your D2 into the boot loader by holding the up arrow on the keyboard while you hold the power button. Let go after the moto logo appears and the phone will be in boot loader mode - a few lines of white text on black background. Connect via USB and then start the flashing process.

Flash the second file (the much smaller one) following the instructions to use the notification pull down on the D2 and set the USB connection mode.

D2 SBF thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/76378-droid-2-sbf.html

Read the instructions all the way through a couple times first, before doing anything, and aside from my addition to get your D2 into boot loader mode for the first flash, follow them exactly.

You need battery power to do this - if you're not sure about battery level, turn off your D2 and plug it in - if the battery icon appears and it charges, let it charge until it's full to be safest.

If it doesn't charge, try the restore/SBF now, before wasting any more battery.

Relax, don't attack others, that's no way to get help.

Last edited:
OP
J

JohnDroid

Sounds like baby needs to be put in the corner..... taken care of.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ndhill1976

Reaction score
that is nice of you to help him "unbrick" his non-bricked phone.

I would just let him throw his $600 phone in the trash because he is being an a-hole.

The Nex-theme creator has thousands of satisfied nonpaying customers with perfectly working phones. Apparently you did something wrong or your phone has something wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.