1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Thanks for the great times, farewell (hopefully see you soon!)

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by -iD, Dec 16, 2011.

1. -iD

-iD New Member

I bought my D1 on launch day. kept it stock for almost 6 months, but when i finally rooted, Liquid Frozen Yogurt (1.4 i believe) was the first ROM i tried. Over the next year and a half, i tried everything but kept coming home to Liquid. Love the features, love/hated the themes from time to time, but once LGB with the T-Mobile theme system came out that became a non-issue, and 3.1-3.2 pretty much duplicated the custom theme i had pieced together anyway, so it was visually perfect.

I haven't been as active here as i used to be, but that's mostly because for me, other than the phone rining/non answering bug, the rom just works.

but alas, my droid doesn't. started giving me fits lately, losing the radio somehow, getting stuck in airplane mode so that ONLY a complete sbf back to stock and reinstallation of everything would restore data and voice.

today the GNex launched, and since i was a day 1 OG user, it just seemed like it was the thing to do.

Man, this is an awesome phone. D1 finally has a worthy successor.

the ONLY regret i have right now is that i don't have any liquid goodness to tweak it just the way i want it.

i certainly hope it won't be too long before i load up Liquid Ice Cream Sandwich on this badboy; there's nobody else's work i'd rather use and support.

Till then, y'all have fun and be proud that you are running a ROM from the butt-kickin'est dev out there.

Here's to you Liquid, thanks for a great run and hope to see you soon on my new GNex!

-iD
  2. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

Amen!

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...
  3. winner00

winner00 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

On the Galaxy Nexus there is going to be a lot more devs then there were for the Droid. So Liquid is going to have some big competition.